What I liked about this rental:
1. Expansive yard adjacent to wooded hills and fields.
2. The wood-fired pizza oven, which we used several times for bread, focaccia, and pizza.
3. Near to a non-touristic village of Monticiano -- very quaint.
4. Very close to nature. We had a gorgeous fox "visit" us every evening, and heard owls at night in the distance, and had all kids of bees, birds -- and even a little scorpion -- zipping around the yard.
5. Absolutely, positively peaceful -- if you really need to rest and get away from it all!
6. Owner/manager lives and works in village.
7. Kitchen has a good set of pots and pans to cook with.
What I wish for the rental:
1. A better indoor fireplace (not vented well enough -- it gets very "smoky" in the house).
2. Better mattress (double bed downstairs not comfortable).
3. Property could use a standard "freshening up" -- paint, decor (a bit mismatched and not very...