We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tenuta Pulceria offers a luxurious home in a beautiful, tranquil setting with stunning views – the perfect stay for one or two families or a larger group. Cooking service available. Tenuta Pulceria takes its name from the Latin adjective Pulcher/Pulchra meaning beautiful, excellent, noble. An appropriate name for a luxury, spacious villa featuring a magnificent park and very large pool. The property is set in private commanding location with 360 degree views over the Umbrian hills and the nearby hilltop village of Camerata, with its stone houses and battlemented church tower. A farm at easy walking distance provides vegetables and fresh eggs and there is extra B&B accommodation locally for larger groups. One of the best restaurants of the area is a few minutes’ drive, nearest grocery and supermarket are 3,5 km away, nearest bar is 5...
Tenuta Pulceria offers a luxurious home in a beautiful, tranquil setting with stunning views – the perfect stay for one or two families or a larger group. Cooking service available. Tenuta Pulceria takes its name from the Latin adjective Pulcher/Pulchra meaning beautiful, excellent, noble. An appropriate name for a luxury, spacious villa featuring a magnificent park and very large pool. The property is set in private commanding location with 360 degree views over the Umbrian hills and the nearby hilltop village of Camerata, with its stone houses and battlemented church tower. A farm at easy walking distance provides vegetables and fresh eggs and there is extra B&B accommodation locally for larger groups. One of the best restaurants of the area is a few minutes’ drive, nearest grocery and supermarket are 3,5 km away, nearest bar is 5 minutes’ drive, and the famous historic town of Todi, with all facilities for food, shopping, art and culture, is just 15 km away. Some of Umbria’s most famous sites are a short drive away – Todi, Perugia, Orvieto, Spoleto, Assisi, Bevagna, Montefalco (the wine area of Umbria), Narni, Marmore Falls, Carsulae Roman Ruins and Lake Trasimeno are all within 15-60 minutes’ drive. Further afield, Rome is 1 hour 30 mins, Siena 2 hours and Florence around 2 hours 30 mins.
Tenuta Pulceria has recently been totally restored to a high specification. The property is characterized by a bright and airy interior with traditional details, terracotta floor tiles and oak or chestnut wood beam ceilings in every room, combined with many original fireplaces and stone walls. The villa is perfectly appointed and well maintained - large bedrooms feature grand wooden furniture and each have their own stylish bathroom; a farmhouse kitchen with top-end appliances and a spacious studio with contemporary living both open to the garden pergola dining area. The villa is primarily situated on 2 levels with a tower room on the 3rd level and has a total floor area of 600 square metres (6500 square feet). Tenuta Pulceria is set within gardens of 1 hectare (2.5 acres) at the centre of its total estate of 21 hectares (50 acres) including olive groves, pasture and woodland. Due to the elevated setting of the property at over 400 metres above sea level, the refreshing breeze and the thick stone walls, the villa stays cool even in the hottest months – for additional comfort, ceiling fans have been added in the bedrooms, and air-conditioning in the studio and top floor bedroom. Mosquito screens protect all the windows. There is high speed Wi-Fi throughout, both inside and outside, including by the pool.
• The courtyard leads to an entrance hall in the tower with stone walls • Living room (32sqm) with two large sofas, armchair, stone walls and large fireplace • Dining room (34sqm) with large dining table • Modern equipped, farmhouse style kitchen (30sqm, 120cm range with double oven, cooking fireplace, two dishwashers, four door refrigerator/freezer) with direct access to the garden and outside dining area with wooden pergola. Dining table seating up to 8/10 in the kitchen plus 10/12 in the dining room • Double bedroom (32sqm, 4-poster bed 200x200cm, table fan) with exposed stone walls, large working fireplace and separate private bathroom (shower) off the entrance hall • Large independent air-conditioned Studio (50sqm) with white leather sofas seating up to 8/10, modern paintings, a home cinema / projector is being set up here. This is a bright room with double height ceilings (2 large automated skylights, 2 metre diameter ceiling fan and 2 double French doors) that is a nice area for gathering and spending time together, with direct access to the garden and 2 outside dining areas. • Storage area and laundry with washing machine, tumble dryer and utility sink
Hallway with exposed stone walls leading to: • 1st wing – Master bedroom (29sqm, 4-poster bed 200x200cm, large fireplace, ceiling fan) with en-suite bathroom (14sqm, shower and bathtub, double sink) • 1st wing – Separate bathroom (10sqm, shower and bathtub) for Tower bedroom • 2nd wing – Master bedroom (34sqm, double bed 200x200cm, large fireplace, ceiling fan) with en-suite bathroom (12sqm) (shower and bathtub, double sink) • 2nd wing – Twin bedroom (14sqm, 85x190cm joinable beds, fireplace, ceiling fan) with en-suite bathroom (shower, skylight).
• Set in a tower that is very characteristic in this area of Umbria, accessed from the first floor hallway there are 14 steps leading up to this stone walled room with a beautiful vaulted chestnut wood beamed ceiling and with windows on all sides. Large air-conditioned bedroom (25sqm), ideal for kids with 2 single (90x190cm joinable) beds and an oak bunk bed with large mattresses (lower 150x200cm, upper 100x200cm). Also suitable for adults given the architectural interest and stunning views.
GARDEN AND POOL Very large private pool (20 x 5 metres, 1.4 meters deep)
Tourist License / Licencia de turismo N °: 03383580549
About the Owner
Italy to Rent L
Languages spoken:English, Italian, French, Spanish
Response Time:Within a day
Listed Since:June 2010
Interaction with guests:
Property manager available 24 hours, english speaking.
• Wi-Fi coverage: high speed, free/unlimited, inside and outside, also by the pool
• Baby equipment: 2 baby cot beds + a travel cot with bed linen (2 sets for each), 2 highchairs
• Outside cooking: Pizza oven near the pergola, portable Barbecue (wood/coal)
• Air conditioning: partially air conditioned (studio and top floor bedroom)
• Ceiling fans in all first floor bedrooms, ground floor bedroom with table fan and second floor/tower bedroom with A/C
• Mosquito screens and shutters on all bedroom windows.
• There is internet streaming but currently no TV. A home cinema / projector for DVD movies and streaming media will be set up in the studio
Pets permitted just on request, small well behaved dogs can be accepted.
Smoking is permitted outdoors. 50 euros extra cost, payable locally.
Tenuta Pulceria has a bedroom on the...
Smoking not allowed
4:00 PM check-in
10:00 AM check-out
3 Attached (ensuite)
Rates are calculated based on the latest information provided. Please contact the manager/owner to confirm actual rates for your requested dates.
Please contact the manager for complete rate information.
R 13 015 / stay
Map displays general property location.
Contact the manager for exact address.
About the neighbourhood
GARDEN AND POOL
Very large private pool (20 x 5 metres, 1.4 meters deep, Roman steps (5x), local stone paved surround, lights around pool area)
The swimming pool is visible from the outside dining area of the villa, just a few metres away. The pool area has some sun-loungers, a shaded area and a solar-heated shower.
Outside dining area: large wooden pergola (30sqm) with direct access to the kitchen, a large table 3.5 x 1.5 metres, seating up to 20, in built electric lighting. Another outside paved dining area, seating up to 12, has a round (2.0 metres diameter) stone table with stone benches (with cushions) and direct access to the studio. There are flexible seating areas all around the house to admire the 360 degree views.
Umbria has a beautiful green and hilly territory with olive groves and vineyards, dotted with medieval castles and quaint hilltop towns. Placed in Central Italy between Rome and Florence, Umbria is a region rich in history, culture, art and architecture, with famous cities such as Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Gubbio, Spoleto, Todi, Spello, Narni and others. Lake Trasimeno, the largest Italian lake after that of Lake Como, is located an hour from Tenuta Pulceria. Umbria delights its visitors with stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Local truffles, olive oil, asparagus and famous Sangiovese and Sagrantino wines will ensure food lovers will be in for a treat when visiting one of the region’s many excellemnt restaurants
How to get there
Airport: Rome: 90.0 km
Railway: Tdi Ponterio: 15.0 km
The villa is easily accessible by the main paved road and the last 800 metres on unpaved road which may be uneven in some parts.
The property is not ideal for people with restricted mobility, except for the ground floor bedroom (only one step to bathroom). It is a good choice for families with children and gatherings of families or friends. Dogs may be accepted by exception subject to prior arrangement (extra cost 50 euros).
Airports – Perugia (45mins by car), Rome Fiumicino and Rome Ciampino (1hr45mins), Florence (2hr30mins) Pisa and Bologna (3hr)
Train – Orvieto and Orte (45mins), Narni-Amelia (30mins)
There Is A Golf Course Within 30 Mins Drive, Horse Riding Nearby.