Remember to keep the color departure/arrival form, if you lose it, you will have to get a new one at the airport before checking in or else you won't be given the boarding pass

For crossing the border with your motor vehicle:


  • Buy Mexican Insurance
  • Purchase Tourist Card
  • Obtain Temporary Import Approval (if Required)
  • When leaving Mexico do not forget to Banjercito office for your deposit refund


*A carnet is not required to enter Mexico

More information in relation to taking your foreign vehicle to Mexico, insurance, temporary import etc can be found here