Barcelona TourismBarcelona HotelsBed and Breakfast BarcelonaBarcelona Holiday RentalsFlights to BarcelonaBarcelona RestaurantsBarcelona AttractionsBarcelona ShoppingBarcelona Travel ForumBarcelona PhotosBarcelona MapBarcelona GuideHotels
All Barcelona HotelsBarcelona Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BarcelonaBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Barcelona HostelsBarcelona CampgroundsSpa Hotels in BarcelonaBusiness Hotels BarcelonaBarcelona ResortsFamily Hotels BarcelonaBarcelona Green HotelsRomantic Hotels in BarcelonaBarcelona Beach HotelsLuxury Hotels in BarcelonaBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Accor Hotels in BarcelonaHilton Hotels in BarcelonaPreferred Hotels & Resorts in BarcelonaLeonardo Hotels in BarcelonaHesperia Hotels in BarcelonaExe Hotels in BarcelonaNH Collection Hotels in BarcelonaEurostars Hotels in BarcelonaMajestic Hotels Group in BarcelonaInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in BarcelonaCatalonia Hotels in BarcelonaSB Hotels in BarcelonaBest Western Hotels in BarcelonaMarriott Hotels in BarcelonaWyndham Hotels in BarcelonaPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Glòries HotelsL'Antiga Esquerra de l'Eixample HotelsDiagonal Mar i el Front Marítim del Poblenou HotelsSants-Badal HotelsSant Gervasi-La Bonanova HotelsSant Gervasi-Galvany HotelsVallcarca i els Penitents HotelsHorta-Guinardó HotelsHotels near Baró de ViverHotels near Les RoquetesPopular Barcelona Categories
Hotels with Room Service in BarcelonaQuiet Hotels in BarcelonaBackpacker Hostels BarcelonaLuxury Bed and Breakfast BarcelonaBarcelona Hot Tub Suite HotelsBarcelona Pet Friendly Beach HotelsBarcelona Beach Suite HotelsBarcelona Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsFamily Bed and Breakfast BarcelonaHotels with Private Beach in BarcelonaNear Landmarks
Hotels near Basilica of the Sagrada FamiliaHotels near Parc GuellHotels near Casa BatlloHotels near Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic)Hotels near Camp NouHotels near Las RamblasHotels near The Magic FountainHotels near Casa Milà - La PedreraHotels near SuntransfersHotels near Palace of Catalan MusicNear Train Stations
Hotels near Catalunya StationHotels near Parallel StationHotels near Liceu StationHotels near Drassanes StationHotels near França StationHotels near Poblenou StationHotels near Camp de l'Arpa StationHotels near Glòries StationHotels near Monumental StationHotels near Barceloneta StationNear Airports
Hotels near Barcelona-El Prat Airport (BCN)Hotels near Costa Brava Airport (GRO)Motels near Costa Brava Airport (GRO)Motels near Barcelona-El Prat Airport (BCN)Near Colleges
Hotels near International University of Southern Europe - BarcelonaHotels near Pompeu Fabra UniversityHotels near Barcelona Graduate School of EconomicsHotels near Universitat Oberta de CatalunyaHotels near Polytechnic University of CataloniaHotels near Universitat Internacional de Catalunya - Campus Barcelona
All things to do in BarcelonaAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday HomesShoppingCruisesCar HireMore
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia: Tickets & ToursGothic Quarter (Barri Gotic): Tickets & ToursCasa Batllo: Tickets & ToursPalace of Catalan Music: Tickets & ToursCasa Milà - La Pedrera: Tickets & ToursCamp Nou: Tickets & ToursMercat de la Boqueria: Tickets & ToursBasílica de Santa Maria del Mar: Tickets & ToursRecinte Modernista de Sant Pau: Tickets & ToursMuseu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya - MNAC: Tickets & ToursBarcelona Cathedral: Tickets & ToursThe Magic Fountain: Tickets & ToursParc de Montjuic: Tickets & ToursCosmoCaixa: Tickets & ToursCasa Vicens: Tickets & Tours
Barcelona Tourism and Holidays: Best of Barcelona
Perfect beaches, world-famous tapas, and Gaudí—the Catalan capital is a Mediterranean dream
There’s nowhere in the world like Barcelona. From days spent strolling the Gothic Quarter to afternoons at the beach and nights partying ‘til dawn, the city is magnetic. While tapas and bustling mercados are worth every bit of attention they get in guidebooks, Barcelona’s true crown jewel is the work of Antoni Gaudí. His iconic creations, like the jaw-dropping Basilica of La Sagrada Familia, are instantly recognizable and have fuelled millions of travel dreams. You won’t be the only tourist here (especially during the summer), but even amid the crowds you’ll find your own Mediterranean magic any time of year.
Start planning for Barcelona
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Barcelona.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Barcelona restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Audible x Tripadvisor Present
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Barcelona
My favorite design-forward places to eat & drink
Interior masterpieces designed by Lázaro Rosa-Violán. Bold branding conceptualized by Mucho. Relish in the detail and charm of these aesthetically pleasing eateries, realized by Barcelona’s creative and culinary geniuses.
Bianca Galán-Guzmán, Boston, MA
- El Nacional5 903Since it's inception in 1889, this architectural marvel has housed many businesses, including a café-theatre, a textile dyeing factory, a car dealer shop and then a garage. Today, it stands as an iconic culinary concept, broken up into four distinct eateries, each with their own look. See (and eat) for yourself!
- Casa Lolea Barcelona2 615Strolling through El Born? Looking for that quintessential glass of sangria? This is your place. Lolea serves over five artisanally crafted varieties from their "Sangria Lolea" brand. Paired with some classic tapas...bam. A beautiful combination. Oh, and take a coaster or two for the road. They're just so darn cute!
- Collage Art & Cocktail Social Club331¡Chinchín! Craft cocktails, done right. Collage serves up just about any drink you can imagine....and then the ones you can't. Make small talk down at the bar or relax with friends up in the balcony. The funky living room vibes make you feel right at home.
- Palo Market Fest169Located in the creative barrio of Poblenou, Palo Market is open the first weekend of every month. Grab lunch from one of the many food trucks and spend the afternoon getting lost among craft tables, dessert stalls, art prints, beauty products, handmade apparel and more, all for a small entry fee of €4.
- Batuar255One of the many interiors by Rosa-Violán, Batuar is located inside the historic Cotton House Hotel. Have brunch on the terrace or grab a drink at the bar, but don't forget to snap a photo...for the gram of course.
- Casa Bonay566A boutique hotel concept by entrepreneur Inés Miró-Sans, Casa Bonay is the product of a collaboration between lighting designers, furniture makers, graphic artists, interior decorators, food experts and many more. Whether it's a refreshing Saturno at hotel bar Libertine or aceitunas at the rooftop restaurant Chiringuito, this is the place to get a taste of everyday life in Barcelona.
- Entrepanes Diaz339This may seem like your ordinary bocadillo joint, but the old-fashioned ambiance and charming service makes you feel like you've taken a leap into the past. The space itself is small, perfect for dining solo. And on your way out, ask for "un tarjeta." The one-of-a-kind momento you're handed is far more special than a mere business card.
- Chaka Khan2 177No, not the singer. Take a break from traditional Spanish tapas and eat at Chaka Khan. This exotic restaurant serves up flavorful dishes from Mozambique to Ecuador. And the custom built furniture and African textiles help bring the brand to life.
- Bubo Born1 064The decadent dessert shop where everything is crafted to perfection and no two treats look the same. Try to eat here without snapping hundreds of photos of the sweet sculpture before you. Bet you can't.
- Rilke163Calling all bon vivants...the old-world charm of this eatery beckons. Feast on good food and visually stimulating design details like the intricate wooden columns or stained glass skylight.
- Parallelo174Tucked away on a quiet street in Grácia, Parallelo might just be the best gelato in the city. Stop in for a scoop, or three, and watch the founders (four childhood friends hailing from San Remo!) create seasonal & innovative flavors in the funky shop lab.
- LA DAMA230Bold velvet banquettes. Rococo wallpaper. Elevated and sophisticated dishes. This place is great for an intimate dinner or date.
- Disfrutar1 907A beautiful orchestration of tastes so good, you might cry. This gastronomic gem isn't ranked No.9 in the world for nothing. Behind each plate is an inventive world of flavor. And it's bright and airy interior makes you feel like you are dining in a dream. Come y disfruta!
- Tragaluz1 059Oof. There's just something so magical about the way the sunlight filters down through the ceiling windows and onto your plate.
Dig Into Barcelona
Stories, tips, and guides