“Never again..!”

Cobbles Kitchen and Deli
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ogmore
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Description: Cobbles is housed in a stunning group of Grade 2 Listed Barns on the fringe of the spectacular Glamorgan Heritage Coastal path. Open from Breakfast ‘til Bedtime, the focus at Cobbles is to offer a true taste of Wales by sourcing the best in local produce and showcasing the Welsh cuisine. At Cobbles you can enjoy a full Welsh Brecwast with all the trimmings, a seasonal lunch and evening menu, rustic Afternoon Tea, Sunday Roasts and Welsh Tapas..! There is also a lovely on site Deli which is a treasure trove of local, artisan and homemade produce for you to enjoy at home..
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Went here today for a late lunch with my friend who had been here several times previously and always had a good experience, so I was looking forward to the lunch even more so as I have a broken leg and have been confined to my home for the past 4 weeks. Our first choice was not available as they didn't have any, so we ordered the Street Food vegan pressed flatbread which on the menu consisted of 'own recipe falafel bites layered with seasonal crunchy salad, beetroot slaw and garlic humous' as my friend had had this dish previously and as it was quite a lot of food we decided to share it. When the food arrived it was nothing like what it was described as on the menu and was in fact a toasted wrap with a humous filling with a bit of mixed leaves and tomato garnish on the side. My friend took it back and explained that it was nothing like what we ordered and the cook being present said they would fix it. Fifteen minutes later they brought out the exact same food as before and we could see that the 'humous filling' had been cooked as it was brown and crispy on the outside and they had added tomatoes to it. Needless to say my friend went back and yet again informed the staff that it was exactly the same food as the first time and requested a refund which was promptly given. We will never return there or recommend the place on this basis, which is a shame as the setting was really pleasant. What a complete let-down..

6  Thank bouchellechick
Chloe F, Owner at Cobbles Kitchen and Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hello and thank you for your feedback about your visit. I have brought this up with all of the staff on duty and it seems that perhaps your friend had eaten with us previously when we had a different menu.. we have altered the falafel a few times to reflect the seasons and I wonder if this is the issue? We previously presented the dish in a Pitta wrap with beetroot and red onion, but we have altered this for the summer so that it’s lighter and we now use a wrap and seasonal veg. I’m very sorry that you weren’t happy with the dish and I can assure you that the chefs would have taken this matter very personally and made you a fresh dish to the highest of standards and one that reflects the menu offering. Please feel free to contact me via email if you would like any further correspondence as I will be more than happy to help. Thanks again, Chloe

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Really impressed with this place. Having a very good go at providing the customer with what makes them happy.
Fantastic looking full breakfasts, varied lunch tasty bits plus full evening menu Thursday to Saturday.
Also a shop on the site with excellent local items. They also have music events.
Free parking too. Take a look .....worth it.
Great to see local companies having the bravery to grow.

2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I've been here before for cake and coffee (always delicious) but this time I've decided to go with my husband to have lunch there. And we've waited 50 minutes for our food to come. I appreciate it was busy but there was no apology and when I've asked the waitress how long it may take she said she doesn't know and looked annoyed by our curiosity. Shame that such a nice place seems to be going downhill with their service...

3  Thank Delia C
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Made a little unplanned visit, and was pleased with my good old fashioned steak an chips. I gotta say, that was one of the best bits of steak I have had. The pepper sauce was a cracker too. Shame about the mushroom, but that is just my personal taste.

I was surprised we didn't have to book. We had phoned ahead 'just in case'.

The banoffee slice after was just beautiful...not as sweet and sticky as some which for me was good.

We will be back. It was simply put good honest grub.

1  Thank abbey4eddie
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Fabulous place decor wise, very rustic. Seems dogs are welcome. Quick service taking orders of coffee and sandwiches and delivering coffees.
However the sandwiches came a good 45 mins after the coffees arrived,
No apologies, just asked if we’d like to order more drinks, (at more cost) hum no thank you.
Supposed to be a drink with your meal or sandwich not one then the other.
Won’t be rushing back, although the breakfasts looked amazing, but sadly the table next to us waited far too long for their breakfasts.
If you’ve got plenty of time give it a go.

1  Thank holliehoover