“Flawless, fabulous and faultless”

Elephant Hill Estate Winery
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Te Awanga
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our mid week lunch was truly superb in every way - and the surprise bonus was the happy birthday platter of divine chocolate treats. The first class service matched the outstanding quality of the food, the dining experience and the commanding view of the Cape. We live overseas but our return treats to the Bay will definitely include a return visit to the winery. It has the wow factor.

All reviews
"soft shell crab"
"fabulous restaurant"
"fine dining"

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This could be an enchanting place in daylight, especially in Summer. However, during our Winter's evening dinner, it was just nice. The menu is very expensive, but the food did not justify the cost. In addition, the servers were very casual and showed little interest in us or our enjoyment of the food.
Based on our experience and the very high prices, I would not recommend.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This is expensive, but I think you get what you pay for. The food was exquisite and as you would expect the wine was great. The building itself is pretty spectacular with great design detail. The atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely, we were there on a murky day but I can imagine on a good day it really comes into its own.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Husband and I enjoyed an extensive and delightful tasting given by a charming Frenchman before our lunch. As it was a spectacular day, we chose to sit outside and started our meal with oysters - fried for my husband and the oyster platter for me. They were sublime! We both had fish for a main course and finished by sharing the Citrus Eton Mess for dessert. Great service, great wines, great food.