“Lindo! ”
Review of Taberna da Poncha

Taberna da Poncha
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am portuguese but I will write in English . To understand this type of bar we need to be or have a portuguese spirit. When I arrive here I only have memory's of my grandgrandmother tavern. It was amazing!!
I felt in love for this bar!! One of the best poncha that I have taken in the Madeira island!! Muito obrigada a todos!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You get a real pub feeling. We wached a soccer match of the world cup, while drinking a poncha.
Good times...

Reviewed 2 May 2018

"Poncha" is the traditional drink in Madeira Island. If you go the you have to have a few, the come on different flavours, some made with sugar some with honey.

Here you you can see your "Poncha" being made, with freshly juice fruits, and have a few ponchas in a unique "taberna" atmosphere.

For me these "ponchas" were the best I had made with sugar, although for me, the "poncha" is best with honey. So have both and make you choice. Either way this is a place you must visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great poncha! The place was full of people and not only tourists. Really worth visiting while in Madeira.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very traditional Madeira Poncha artesanal made very delicious with raw peanut served for free. Careful as it’s so nice and cheap €1.30 that can make you drunk very easy lol. If you go to São Vicente don’t miss this place.