“Fourth Visit.”
Review of C'est Si Bon Hotel

C'est Si Bon Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Otjiwarongo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2016

This is one of our favorite hotels in Namibia. The accommodation is good, and generally, the staff are efficient and friendly.

Reception are always very pleasant and helpful.

I feel the dinning room is small and cramped these days, they could do with a little more space. The kitchen produces excellent meals. The Game loin has always been one of my favorites. However, the chef has always beaten me, I have never been able to finish one of the " game steaks", Even the starters are massive! I must remember to ask for half size meals next time. I could have fed a platoon with my dinner on this visit.
The dining room staff were good, and also the girls serving in the breakfast room were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The new rooms are very good but no complaints about the older ones either.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Hendri623, Owner at C'est Si Bon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Thank you for your review. We frequently upgrade and renovate the rooms. We Namibians like to eat big, hence the big portions. Glad that you enjoyed your stay and our food. We hope to welcome you soon for a fifth time.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

The entire city had no electricity when I arrived, so there was no internet or hot food served until about 6PM (not their fault, just something to be aware of). Room had no linens when I checked in so I was chasing down housekeeping to get towels and sheets. Food was okay, service subpar. I ordered a salad and waitress never brought a fork so I ate it with a spoon. She never came back around so I couldn't ask for one.

Internet was slow, but useable once the power was back on.

My biggest concern: a room infested with mosquitoes, and no spray nor mosquito nets. When I arrived all windows and the door were wide open. Upon seeing several mosquitoes I closed everything (one of my windows did not actually close). I spent a while spraying and killing the mosquitoes I could see on the walls and ceiling so I could sleep. I saw more here than anywhere else in Namibia or Botswana yet this is the only place I stayed without nets.

I felt very sad for the birds they keep in small cages near the pool. They are clearly unhappy and unhealthy; they had all picked out their feathers.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank fuleco7
Reviewed 15 September 2016

What a beautiful place. Very friendly staff. had a family room right by the pool which was a great plus for the young ones. Food was excellent. Very clean and spacious accommodation. The layout of the place is excellent. Enjoyed the birds very much.
And the pool area was exceptional.

Room Tip: Try the family rooms at the pool You cannot make a mistake.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2016

The ground is really quite nice, with beautiful pool and the buildings are not without character either. Hard to understand why the attention stops there. The rooms were well below my expectations. The sliding door was hard to open and close, which was quite annoying as the area around the pool is rather noisy in the evening.The bathroom was also quite poor quality. We stayed in a family room, where the sheets and pillows were dusty on the beds which were probably less often used. The clientele is mostly Namibian people, not many foreign tourist seem to chose this hotel

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Hendri623, Owner at C'est Si Bon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thank you for sending your valuable feedback. The room that you have stayed in is on the top of the priority list to be revamped.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

A great modern hotel with traditional style. We did a last minute reservation when our itinerary changed and they were most accomodating. Lovely big airy modern rooms with ensuite wet rooms. Aviary area with talking parrot. Pleasant pool and outdoor bar area too. Breakfast was a little limited but fine for 1 night. A very comfortable stay and handy for town.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Hendri623, Owner at C'est Si Bon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We at C'est Si Bon Hotel always try to offer the best service and facilities to our esteemed guests.