“Amazing meal”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Cassington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The best pub meal ever as described by one of the family members. Pinot noir ...and really tasty food. Fire place highly recommended ...

Reviewed 19 November 2017

The food is excellent in this pub, great value and delicious. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the the dessert absolutely mouthwatering delicious. Best apple and cinnamon crumble I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Visited the chequers after recommendation from friends, have to say I was very disappointed not only with the quality of the good but the overall experience. I found the lady behind the bar very abrupt and unhelpful and there was a couple of men, I imagine most heard shouting from the kitchen area?! The food, due to the quality was very overpriced. Unfortunalty, for me, my daughter cooks a far better home made lasagne, (not dry and tastless) and my wife's fish was so overdone it was like biting a brick. Very dissapointed and despite our friends recommendation, I certainly wouldn't recommend to anybody, such a shame as the pub itself is lovely with great character.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Probably has to be the worst place I've ever eaten. Roast dinner was burnt and served swimming in gravy which was returned to the kitchen only to be re-plated. No flavour at all and pretty much not edible. When we complained we were told "no ones ever complained before" before every excuse under he sun was given as to why it didn't meet our expectations. No apology by Tina the manager just rudeness and attitude. I would stay well clear from this pub, don't be fooled by the lovely exterior as inside is very much a disappointment. 0/5.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Visited last night and the food was excellent. Something for everyone. The presentation was great and so was the service. The actual pub and restaurant is well presented and absolutely gleaming. Will be back soon.