“Lovely little spot”

Chicory Cheese Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Darling
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: For the freshest munchies and the best coffee in town!
Description: For the freshest munchies and the best coffee in town!
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We'd booked a table for 6 for lunch and when we arrived I realised that the restaurant doesn't usually do lunch for such big tables - but they made a plan and seated us at a big round table in the middle room, which was quite fun. The menu is bistro style, with wraps and burgers. I had a chicken wrap, which was one of the best I've tasted (really light wrap filled with delicious bits and pieces). Others in our party had falafels, chicken burgers and veggie burgers - and all pronounced their food to be delicious although the salads were mainly cabbage so not quite so popular. Service was friendly and efficient and the setting was very quaint and interesting (quite a trek outdoors to get to the loo!) Good value, great food.

Anesia D, Owner at Chicory Cheese Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hello Ethnee
We are so happy that you guys had a good time and meal when you visited.

Yes, we are situated in an old building that had an 'out house' at the back of the garden, so that's why our toilets are not in the building.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate it.

The girls from Chicory Cheese Cafe

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The menu gave a feel of healthy well thought through meals.

The carrot cake was great. They made a toasted sandwich for us even though it was not on the menu. The food tasted great. The coffee was good. Atmosphere relaxing with big windows looking out on a garden with waterfountain.

Some of the cakes on the menu was not available, but the carrot cake made up for it.

Hello to the Squirrel from Stellies

Yip, that carrot cake of ours is a favorite, glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review.
Hope you guys visit us soon again for more cake

Regards
the girls @ Chicory Cheese

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Great service, beautiful setting and a lovely menu with fresh homemade food. My husband particularly enjoyed the Jalapeno Chicken burger saying its the best chicken burger he's had. We will be back next time we are in Darling.

Anesia D, Owner at Chicory Cheese Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hello Amelia

That Jalapeno Chicken Burger is one of your most sort after dishes, so happy your husband enjoyed it.
Thanks so much visiting us and taking the time to write us a review.
Hope we see you soon again.

The girls of Chicory Cheese Cafe

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I woke up this morning (Youth Day) and decided to take a drive to Darling. The sun was out again after some welcome rain.

After a quick stop at Darling Sweets, I went next door to the Chicory Cheese Cafe - initially just for a cup of coffee. I walked in and fell in love with the quirky decor and warm welcome. The smell from the kitchen was so tempting, that I changed my mind and decided to stay for lunch. It was just gone 12 o'clock, so completely justified!

I opted for the Cajun Chicken Salad - a rare meat dish for me as I eat vegetarian food 99% of the time. I thought the price was a little steep, but I was not disappointed in the end. A very generous helping and a pure delight to the senses - sight, smell and taste. I ate every scrap.

The atmosphere was very relaxed and I was joined by Marmite the cat, who didn't think much of the bit of feta I offered her.

I was a bit reluctant to leave, but they were filling up with other patrons and I had to drive home. Somewhat envious of the group of ladies who were checking in to stay for the weekend.

I shall be back though. Soon.

Anesia D, Owner at Chicory Cheese Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hello Rosalie

Thanks for visiting us and taking the time to write us a review.
I remember Marmite sitting outside with you for ages. Yip, she doesn't like feta. :)
Hope we see you again when you pass through Darling.

Regards
Anesia

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

A good example of how passion and high personal standards combine to create something worth experiencing.

A daytime eatery which is relaxed (perhaps even laid-back), unpretentious and representative of the best this little town has on offer.

We both had chicken burgers, which is served with crisps and a side salad. The patty is minced chicken, and thus beautifully flavored with the additional ingredients. The side salad was exceptionally fresh and is served with a killer house dressing.

We found the service friendly and efficient. Must be said though that it was a quiet afternoon.

Recommended!

Hello Manuel
We love our chicken burgers and so happy to hear that you did too.
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review, hope we see you soon again.

The Chicory Cheese girls