“Well worth a visit ro sample some of their excellent beers.”
Review of Darling Brewery

Darling Brewery
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Darling
Description: This must-visit new Darling Brew Tasteroom & Brewery offers a fantastic day out and was developed to allow an all in one Darling Brew experience. In addition to a new state of the art brewery with increased capacity, the new premises offers an interactive and fascinating beer tasting experience in the tasting room and bar which overlooks the working microbrewery, a restaurant that serves delicious beer paired meals made from fresh, organic, seasonal and locally sourced ingredients, and beautiful gardens. There is also plenty of parking available.
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The Tap room at this brewery was well worth a visit, with a very good selection of beers. I had thought it was a micro brewery, but it certainly wasn't that it was quite a large brewery.
The selection of beers they brew were all on offer and I really enjoyed the IPA, which we enjoyed with the cheese platter. Unfortunately I was driving so was not able to sample too many of the beers.
The serving staff at the brewery were also knowledgeable, friendly and efficient, full marks to them.
However I did take some bottles with me to sample back at our apartment.
That was the only disappointment as all four of them were rather cloudy and certainly did not taste like the draught version. I thought at first the bottles must be bottle conditioned, so after the first one I stood the bottles upright for 24 / 48 hours but no they still remained cloudy with a less than perfect taste but still drinkable.

Philippa W, Owner at Darling Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thanks so much for the review. Are you based in SA at the moment? I would love to replace your beers, it shouldn't be the case that the bottles don't match the draught quality. Please contact me on dbexperience@darlingbrew.co.za

There are newer reviews for Darling Brewery

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We visited the Brewery about 2 weeks ago for the beer tasting. Very good experience and a wide range of locally draft beers available. Eon took us on a tour of the brewery which was very interesting. A must when visiting Darling.

Philippa W, Owner at Darling Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thanks so much for your review. Eon is a gem. Thanks for recommending us.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

After the Harvest Lunch at Cloof, we went on to Darling Brewery for Craft Beer tasting.
There was one beer that impressed and stood out; a craft beer based on peach purée. Very nice on its own, but as a marinade and cooking stock for a pork dish?! So I will be playing with recipes and will post pictures! Sounds yummy already!!
We tried over 15 and left with a small selection. My car was quite full by this time!

Hi Julian
Sounds like a fun weekend in Darling! Thanks so much for joining us.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

A first for me and my husband. We could select which beer we wanted to taste. We even had a fruit flavored beer. We agreed between ourselves that the local lager taste was better than the export lager.

Philippa W, Owner at Darling Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Thanks so much for joining us.
I hope we are the first of many craft beers that you try.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Being a Local in Darling, the Brew is one of my favorite places to have a beer on the weekends. I love the Gypsy Mask and Slow Beer!

Love the food - especially the burgers!

Philippa W, Owner at Darling Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thanks for your continued support. Where would we be without our locals, real brand ambassadors for DB.