“Excellent Pancakes”

The Penny Farthing Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Port Alfred
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Description: We are passionate about quality coffee and food. Our unique setting coupled with our 1st class service will always leave our customers wanting more and returning :)
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Best pancakes I’ve tasted in a long time. Good menu, on the water so has a good view. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The restaurant itself is fair inside the staff are friendly, there didn't seem to be any management supervision available at the time we were there, the food was good but I ordered a bar one milkshake and while I was drinking it there was a strange taste and at the bottom of the glass which I thought was chocolate turned out to be peanuts and I am allergic, we asked the waitron and she was adamant that it was a barone , she went to the kitchen and brought back the wrapper and we showed her the peanuts written on the wrapper and they never warned that it had peanuts in. we asked for the management but no one came and we got no apology, this spoilt the rest of our day.
we were very disappointed as we wanted to relax and have a enjoyable lunch time. I couldn't eat the rest of my food as my mouth was swollen. The staff were not at all concerned about the situation. they will probably do it again. please be aware.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

After a Sunday morning run or walk the Mega Cappuccino is great. Their omelettes are also great. Very filling

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We're in Port Alfred for three months and have eaten here at least every other day. Gill and Brett run a welcoming and efficient crew and we are always pleased by the quality of the food. Chef Joao recently created a terrific shrimp dish - his mother's recipe, I believe - and we hope to see it as a menu staple.
Unreserved thumbs up - we give the Penny Farthing a score of 100.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Lovely, quaint, excellent service. The staff is very friendly and efficient.
Food is great and it is so peaceful by the river Kowie.