See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I was robbed of my cell phone - Longines Watch -- Diamond ring and several other pieces of jewelery while I was asleep on night of 18 February 2017 .I closed all my windows -- however they managed to open a window and climb in!!! Fortunately I had taken a sleeping pill (after playing in a Bridge tournament) and I did not wake up! I shudder to think what would have happened if I had woken. There is no security -- no bars on windows and no alarm although there is a sign outside saying that they are protected by an alarm and armed response . This is a lie !! The owner of the B@B made a a weak apology and then disappeared . She never came near us to offer sympathy or help . She did not even tell the lady cooking breakfast about the break in ?? Added to this blatant lack of security the room was not clean -- dirty carpet and toilet -- no bath mat !

Room tip: Stay away v
Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

I travel a lot, and visit many a guesthouse. I was surprized by the friendly welcome and facilities at Riders Rest. They are walking distance from a wonderful beachfront. Rooms have double bed and DSTV. Bath, and shower. Breakfast served with very friendliness.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I went to Riders Rest with my family to celebrate my birthday. We booked out all 4 rooms for the weekend. We were a group of 6 adults and 4 children. We had an amazing time. My four grandchildren aged from 2 to 7. loved the garden and just the freedom of Riders Rest. The facilities are very good and they cater for families. We used the braai facilities on the Friday night, full breakfasts were served each morning and we enjoyed light meals on the patio as well.
The atmosphere was relaxed and happy and our hosts and their staff were very helpful.
Definitely a special B&B that I would recommend and would love to visit again.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Our room was clean, comfy, the linen was luxurious and we were made to feel at home. We were looked after by our friendly host Margie and the breakfast was delicious with nothing spared. We will definitely return.

Room tip: the red room was private and on one side but the other two rooms were also lovely
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

Arrived without a booking and was warmly welcomed and helped immediately! We were placed in a spectacular and clean room. Everyone was super friendly and served an amazing man sized breakfast the next day! Would highly recommend it!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraHiestermann