Royal St Andrews Hotel
Sheilan House(Port Alfred)
US$79
US$76
Mansfield Reserve(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Pool
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$46
Halyards Hotel(Port Alfred)
US$67
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
A Villa de Mer(Port Alfred)
TripAdvisor
Royal Guest House(Port Alfred)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshighlander pubcamelot spanew sectionheritage roomamazing hotelgolf coursegolf clubmodern hotelexcellent servicehot breakfastworld classsmall townbusiness tripfamily holidayenjoyed our stayrooms are spacioustop class
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The room was decorated with a welcome and well wishes for our 46th anniversary
We enjoyed the spacious Heritage room with balcony and the swimming pool
The Breakfast menu is out of this world!
Really a home from home!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RoyalStaGM1, General Manager at Royal St Andrews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear jannierose2015,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy that we could add to your special day. Hope to see you again in future!

Difford Louw, General Manager.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

The location is out of town but still not too far. It is tranquil and within walking distance of the beach. The service is top class, very welcoming and always will to help. The rooms are modern and comfortable. Meals are excellent.

Room Tip: if you a late sleeper, don't choose bathrooms with windows, as this may disturb guests due to early morning light flooding into the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
RoyalStaGM1, General Manager at Royal St Andrews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Clarissa:

Reviewed 27 January 2018

A wonderful two night break and extremely looked after. The catering , whether in the pub , breakfast room or the very special Thistle was excellent. Our grateful thanks to Management and Staff for their hospitality

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RoyalStaGM1, General Manager at Royal St Andrews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Grupip:

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us.

I have passed your comments on to the Team, who appreciated them a great deal.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Port Alfred for only one night on a whistle stop trip covering much of South Africa. If I had known about Royal St. Andrews I would undoubtedly have extended that portion of the trip to two or three nights.

The hotel itself is stunning, a very successful and not-overbearing blend of old and modern with extremely comfortable rooms that are stylish but not too much so.

The adjoining traditional Highlander pub next door is an absolute treat, great staff and service and especially great food (one absolutely must try the warthog burger).

Breakfast at the hotel is quite simply the best I have had. The restaurant setting is quite lovely, while the array of options for both continental and cooked breakfasts far exceed any I have experienced in other hotels. The food itself is equally pitch perfect (The eggs Benedict were absolutely spot on).

The service at breakfast was worthy of particular note; a lady called Medini (I asked for her name so that I could mention it later the service was just that good) greeted and seated us, explained the system, the dishes and even a little history to us. She didn’t linger overlong but she really took her time to make sure that we were quite content and comfortable - a genuine highlight of the stay.

Overall I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough, I will certainly be finding an excuse to revisit South Africa for leisure - and I will be making a beeline for the Royal St Andrews!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
RoyalStaGM1, General Manager at Royal St Andrews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Llewelyn:

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us.

I have passed your comments on to the Team, who appreciated them a great deal, and have highlighted Medini's attitude and care as an example to all.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I was generally happy with the service I got and the facilities. I just think you guys need to add a gym and get sleeper couches . The mattress on the floor is super untidy and leave us with little space to move. Also I think kids should not pay for breakfast I was paying R 60 everyday but my kids were just having cereal as kids don't eat much.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RoyalStaGM1, General Manager at Royal St Andrews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Tamiea