Royal St Andrews Hotel
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$54
Hotels.com
The Beach House(Port Alfred)
Mansfield Reserve(Port Alfred)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Royal Guest House(Port Alfred)
Sheilan House(Port Alfred)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshighlander pubcamelot spanew sectionheritage roomamazing hotelgolf coursehotel is moderngolf clubexcellent servicehot breakfastworld classsmall townbusiness tripenjoyed our stayrooms are spaciousfamily holidaytop class
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Excellent facilities can recommend them. Relaxing and clean rooms of a high standard. Very helpful and friendly staff. Good food. Value for money. Overall a great experience. I plan to return and spend more time there.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank jenniferbT9477JL
RoyalStaGM1, General Manager at Royal St Andrews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear JenniferBT9477JL: Thank you very much for posting a review. I do hope that you return to the Royal St Andrews soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

I arrived tired on Saturday afternoon from Johannesburg looking for some quite time with my daughter. The hotel was hosting a 21st birthday party that evening and the music and noise went on till after midnight. I suggest that they tell their guests when they book that they are having a party so a person can decide beforehand if they still wanted to book. If that was not enough I was woken up at 6am Sunday morning by loud music yet again that the hotel plays through the central music system!!! The wooden stairs are also very noisy if you are sleeping in room number 1 and their walls quite thin.

We were also offered a voucher towards a massage at the Camelot spa on site, I had a full body massage which would qualify as the worst massage I have ever had( this was my 11th massage since January this year)

It's a pity as its a beautiful hotel and the breakfast is suffucient.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1 or those close to the stairway
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary B

Dear Mary B: Thank you for posting a review , and my apologies for the poor nights sleep you experienced. The system which plays music in the hotel corridors was switched on in error on Sunday morning. We have taken steps to ensure this does not reoccur. The 21st celebration was the first we have hosted, and we will ensure that events such as these do not impact on other hotel residents.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

What a pleasant surprise to find such warmth and comfort in the EC. I really enjoyed my gift of a night over. I wish I can go back and have a proper stay. I would recommended the Royal St Andrews Hotel to anyone in my network.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank yolisan636
RoyalStaGM1, General Manager at Royal St Andrews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Dear Yolisan636: Thank you for posting a review. Please visit us again, and you should try one of the treatments in our Camelot Spa. In the meantime please brag to all your friends.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

This is simply a gem and you need to experience it for a few days! Beyond Brilliant! We were treated like Kings to say the very least! My Hot Stone massage out of this World actually! Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, do not leave the Hotel
for any of these moments! It's well worth it, just enjoy it Guys!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marius V

Dear Marius V: Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I hope that you visit us again soon in order to visit our Camelot Spa again.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

What a wonderful week-end we had in this beautiful hotel. The decor is quite beautiful but the atmosphere remains relaxed, even homely, making one feel most welcome. The friendly staff are found all over, always with a smile and ready to please. The food was OUTSTANDING with even the old faithful bacon & eggs being totally delectable. We had a thoroughly wonderful time and would certainly recommend this hotel as it has all that is required for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank amandaj1612

Dear amandaj612: Thank you very much for this review. I will pass this review on to the Kitchen team who will be very motivated by your comment. Please make sure you visit the Royal St Andrews again soon.