Don't believe what you read what is advertised...these self catering units are definitely NOT luxurious or up market. The decor and furniture is outdated and run down.
Expected to book for a minimum of 4 nights, while there are very limited amenities.
1. No hot water, geyser burst when we turned it on.
2. Built in braai fell apart in fell on my father, shattering a drinking glass.
3. Hardly any dishwasher left and expected to wash dishes after use else you are billed / fined for not doing so.
4. Kettle doesn't switch off continuously boils and boiling water leaks out of it.
5. Outdated bedding and even older mattress.
6. No tea, coffee and sugar provided.
7. Headboard lights don't work.
8. Rusted closed shower head, can't even have a decent shower.
9. Shower covered in spider webs...wonder when that was last cleaned?
10. Black mildew all over shower and shower ceiling.
11. Light fittings never been cleaned, full of dead insects.
12. Very old and damaged furniture.
13. Inside of wardrobes covered in spider webs.
14. Toilet base is lose from the floor.
15. Wash hand basin tap lose.
16. Shower taps don't show hot and cold.
17. Bottom kitchen door doesn't lock.
18. Remote control broken.
19. Toilet roll holder and towel rail
loose and come off the wall.
20. Bedroom window broken and cannot open.
21. Refer to previous review from 2014 where the dam was dry...it's still dry 2 years later. Definitely no green fountain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farm like atmosphere, tranquil setting. Lots of trees and shade. Luxury villas sleeping 4/6/8 guests, All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms. open plan lounge and kitchen area. Undercover veranda with Jet Master braai facilities. Parking at the villa. 7Km to beach and shopping centers. Caravan Park - 48 Stands, each with en suite private bathrooms and electricity. Braai & Games Lapa; Portable braai stands available. ... more less