“Good Food, great service”

The Links Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Port Alfred
Cuisines: African, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Been to The Links a few times lately. The food is always good and the service is excellent. You need to get draught beer back and get a decent house wine.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Care offered to diners.
Delicious Food.
Friendly staff. Beautiful view. Neat. Trendy. Clean.Walking distance to b and b. Accommodation offered on site.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Whew! This restaurant will not see us again. Started with complimentary rolls that were totally burnt. Sent these back only to receive rolls that were nowhere near cooked - awful. Sent these back and gave up on the idea of having rolls. My lamb pie with puff pastry had the same problem in that the puff pastry was uncooked. I removed the stodgy pastry and ate the reasonable filling. My wife had the veg curry which had butternut with the peel not removed. We pointed this out to the owner who said "we always bake the butternut in it's skin". Fair enough but how about removing the skin before serving. The pastry on my pie was "The kitchens fault" and when I mentioned that the beers we drank were about to expire the next day she simply said "my ladies should have picked this up when accepting delivery, but of course, this is Africa" It was probably my English accent that had her thinking I was an overseas visitor but I've been living in SA for 40+ years and found her comments very racist and uncalled for.
We will never return !

2  Thank Alan-Pretoria
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Lovey, cosy local Port Alfred restaurant. Food great, with wonderful, friendly service. A must for anyone visiting

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The pizza was excellent! Nice local vibe. Even a a short power outage all went smooth. Loved the African decor.