All reviews the river excellent service ocean basket enjoyable stay conference room eggs benedict keep up the good work overnight stay parking area business trip attention to detail beautiful view top class friends and family students port university
Reviewed 7 July 2014

By difference with the "sleeping factories" on the marina, this Hotel is located on the river side in town, in a very quiet surrounding.
The hotel lounges and rooms are very well appointed, in a nice and crisp design, keeping a warm atmosphere.
The Restaurant offered us an excellent lunch, for a reasonable price and service is amazing for South Africa where it is most of the time very bad.
Hotel and Restaurant are a HOTEL SCHOOL that GIVES VISIBLY ITS BEST TO THE CLIENT, WHILE THE STUDENTS LOOK HAPPY AND DEDICATED.
Enjoy !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pierre V
Mypond, General Manager at MyPond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Pierre-peter01,

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our property and thank you for contributing to our efforts towards the betterment of the South African hospitality industry. Your views are well appreciated and will be passed on to the rest of the team.

I trust you will enjoy your travels and we look forward to hosting you should you return to our part of the world.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and friend recently stayed for two nights at this teaching hotel. The staff is very nice and responsive to any thoughts or concerns. The rooms are clean, but basic. Pretty good value.

The rooms are not sound proof. We heard a lot of hallway noise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trippin_mom_of_3

Hi Trippin_mom_of_3,

Thank you for taking the time out to write and I'm glad you found value in staying at our property. I do trust that you'll stay with us again when passing through Port Alfred as we would be privileged to host you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Port Alfred is a very quiet, although quite scenic town as the Kowie River enters the sea. It has a pretty break-water, and it can be fund to watch the surfers nearby and the ski-boats brave the tide to launch through the break-water. The beach is lovely and quiet. The town centre has degenerated over time into a functional and somewhat dirty place to buy groceries, however the MyPond hotel was a real surprise. Very clean, very well-run and good value. I would not stay anywhere else in Port Alfred

Room Tip: try and avoid a room overlooking the parking lot
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Mypond, General Manager at MyPond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Angus B,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a kind review. I'm glad that you found something that works for you in Port Alfred and that we could be a part of it. We look forward to having you visit us again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We initially experienced some problem with booking the room but that was quickly solved by the manager. We stayed in the family room which was very spacious, clean and modern. I understand that this is a 'training' hotel and must say that the service and professionalism we received was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mypond, General Manager at MyPond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Snowwhite177,

Thank you for taking the time to write and for the kind words.

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would look forward to welcoming you back soon. As a learning facility, these reviews are taken very seriously and thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you again for the privilege.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I experienced such a lovely stay at MyPond Hotel! The staff are some of the most friendly I have ever met and the students truly go out of their way for the guests.

The location is absolutely beautiful and my friends and I have coined the phrase 'it's great out here by the river' because of all the time we spent on the outdoor couches.

My honey and mustard fillet was one of the best steaks I've had in South Africa and the eggs benedict is something to marvel at.

Thank you for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Mypond, General Manager at MyPond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Dave_Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review.

Our team takes great pride in providing our guests with good food, facilities and service. I will be sure to pass your sentiments on.

We look forward to hopefully hosting you again in the future. After all, "it is great out here by the river."