“Fabulous and romantic getaway”

Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Port Alfred
Reviewed 29 December 2016

This is the most beautiful place. My husband and I recently spent our 14th year anniversary there and were completely amazed. From the drive in with the giraffe next to the road, to the gorgeous fruit and wine basket, to the staff, food and comfortable bed. It was all fantastic and I would highly recommend it. It is pricey for South Africans but well worth it for a spoil I think. The massage, which we had as a couple, was also excellent.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have 2 loves, bush and the ocean! Imagine our delight to find both at the Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve!

Your first impression of a place starts with the first face you see and at the gate of Oceana that face is Wilson. I have never seen a person with so much love and pride as this man has for this place where he serve as gatekeeper. I still find myself seeing that amazing smiling face before me. Well done Wilson for making us feel so welcome from the start!
As we drove past the gate 5 giraffes and a few Njalas was saying hallo.

When we arrive at the lodge ,Natasha and 2 porters was there to welcome us.
We stayed in one of the 4 ocean view suites, and I must say, it can't get better than this!!! A beautiful, stunning suite overlooking the bush and the ocean!! listen to this ladies, 2 bathrooms!!! One with a big jacuzzi bath and the other with a shower. The bed is a super king size,with a TV rising from a cabinet at the footend of the bed. Also a seating area consisting of a couch and 2 chairs aswell as a coffee station and a mini bar. Sliding doors completely slide away in cavity walls leaves you with a feeling that you are part of the bush! Absolutely amazing!!
While we where there, the animals were grazing just below our suite! It felt like we were in Jaressic Park!
As it was raining when we were there, be couldn't go on a gamedrive or have a lunch on the deck on the beach. We kept ourselves busy in the games room playing pool and shuffel board, aswell took good use of the wonderful spa run by Tamara. Thanks for 2 fantastic treatments Tamara!
There's also a gym, that you would diffinetly need if you get to tuck in Chef Peter's amazingly delucious food!! 2 course breakfast, 3 course lunch and 3 course dinner!!! Its impossible to eat it all, but you try, because its beyond yummy!!!
Well done Chef Peter!! I also need to mention Kimberley, the beautiful Dutch girl who looked after us so well and the 2 waiters Athi and Bongo, they were always smiling and at hand to cater to your every need. I hope next tine we'll be able to go out with Corlia kn a game drive!
This place is very dreamlike in its absolute fantastic setting and the staff kept the dream going!!!
Can't wait to go back and please keep up the amazing work!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Excellent staff, luxurious rooms & stunning views. Bizarre to see giraffes in front of your suite and the beach & sea in the background but it was awesome. Only downside was it was too short! The suites have a huge 4 poster bed, flat screen TV that lives inside the cupboard at the end of the bed, satellite channels, bathroom with underfloor heating, big spa bath, massive shower overlooking the sea, air-conditioning, lounge area, dressing room, writing desk, deck overlooking the reserve & the sea, coffee machine, plunger, selection of teas, mini bar fridge, the list goes on. There's also a spa which is well worth the visit if you have the time

Room Tip: The rooms in the main hotel were very nice but once I saw the ocean rooms I knew that's where I...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We stayed for two nights during our honeymoon and Oceana is absolutely magnificent. Words cannot describe this place and our stay was absolutely perfect. We highly recommend you visit Oceana for a once in a lifetime experience!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 November 2016

What a beautiful location we picked for our honeymoon! It was perfect in every way and we got to relax and enjoy the comforts, beautiful scenery, magnificant food and drink and to top it off a heavenly spa treatment! Thank you for making our stay truly special and memorable!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
8,6 km away
The Beach House
The Beach House
#5 of 27 in Port Alfred

Been to Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve? Share your experiences!