All reviews game drives ocean suite heaven on earth private beach private house jacuzzi bath bucket list game reserve best of both worlds whale watching white sand four poster bed out of this world once in a lifetime indian ocean spa treatments pure luxury
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Just returned from one of the most amazing places on earth....Oceana Beach and wIldlife Reserve. We were treated like Royalty and enjoyed every minute of it. I can't wait to return. Since returning home, I've found myself longing for Oceana. From the moment you drive in to the sad departure,its absolutely amazing..I highly recommend it.

Room tip: The Ocean suites were amazing.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris R, General Manager at Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Hi Dene

I so glad we managed to make your 40th anniversary something special. The 41st is just around the corner and we be extremely happy to welcome you back to our little corner of paradise for it!

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here. It's small so the personal you choose I'd nice. We stayed in the buffalo lodge and had visiting monkeys the first night. The views are stunning.... now to remember this does not have the big 5 here when doing the drives. It is gorgeous but no predators. Worth a trip though, I would hope back again

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Alison

Thanks so much for the kind words. Buffalo is a great Ocean suite and your correct the views are absolutely stunning. I hope we get to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

Oceana is a magical place where the beauty of the South African beaches meets the beauty of the "bundu" with its family of animals (giraffes, nyala, gnu, impala (even black ones) and many other bucks I don't know their names).
The Ocean suite has amazing views and the attention to detail in furnishing it is really exemplar.
My husband has many allergies and the meals were always prepared with this in mind; the staff went as far as sourcing gluten and lactose free products so my husband could also have bread for meals.
Thank you for a GREAT time.

Hi Mihaela

Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm so glad we able to give you an amazing stay and look after your personal requirements. I hope we get to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 March 2016

I have stayed in some wonderful hotels all over the world but this beats them all. From the minute you drive along the wild approach road to find 2 members of staff waiting to greet you to your first glimpse of the breathtaking ocean view you feel that this s a truly unique place. Superb room, lovely food , great staff in fact everything is perfect.
A special mention to the young intern who did the mini safari and was so knowledgable .
Nothing was too much trouble for her and the rest of the staff were great.
Just go , you won't regret it ! .

2  Thank 33richard

Hi Richard

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words. I really glad you had an amazing time and hope we get too see you again soon.

Chris & the Oceana Team

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Oceana is a game and beach reserve. It is easily and safely accessible by air( Port Elizabeth or East London) and a short drive by car( good roads). Situated on the beautiful East Coast of RSA, it provides a perfect haven to game and wild birds. All the animals are in a very good condition. Management of the animals and vegetation is impressive.
Game is seen on the a perfect back drop of green hills and the ocean- unforgettable scenes.
Oceana provides access to unspoiled beaches, safe jogging/walking for kilometers and safe swimming.
The accommodation, sevices,meals are excellent. Meals on the beach are provided!
The staff is very professional, efficient and very friendly providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Oceana is an experience not to be missed!

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank MariannaVermaas

Hi Marianna

I'm so happy your experience here was amazing. Thanks very much for the wonderful review and I hope we get to see you soon again.

Kind Regards