Dune House
Mansfield Reserve(Port Alfred)
  • Pool
Sheilan House(Port Alfred)
TripAdvisor
The Beach House(Port Alfred)
A Villa de Mer(Port Alfred)
TripAdvisor
Royal Guest House(Port Alfred)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfeel right at homebasildeckguesthousehostbathroomoceanport
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

I loved the peaceful location within 5 minutes walk to the beach and having breakfast with sea views. I would definitely recommend for couples and families who would like to have a real South African experience. We were also recommended some lovely restaurants and a safari trip nearby. Not to miss!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

Long story short we found ourselves without a place to stay at 7pm, 50 km away from Port Alfred. We found the place on booking.com on our smart phone, booked and here we were happy to find a place to sleep and the magical experienced stated.

By all mean go.

The place is very well decorated with a lot of taste, room, bed, bathroom.... Everything was tasteful and great.

The hosts welcome you in a family like environment. They are discrete, nice and pleasant.

The white deck offers a (distant) view on the ocean

We feel blessed to have missed our initial shelter and bumped into the dune house.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Pascal H
Reviewed 11 May 2016

This must be one of the best places in the Eastern Cape to park and relax. Port Alfred is a beautiful little town and close to some of the big-5 game farms.

We enjoyed an amazing weekend with friends and had the entire house to our disposal.

5 min walk to the beach, close to the quaint shops.Great view from the deck which is even better with a G&T. We did the "poor man's" game drive on the recommendation of Bazil; saw rhino, giraffe, kudu's and various other animals - and it was free.

Great place to book for a family or group of friends, especially if you can get the entire house to yourselves.

Bazil is an amazing host and the food was out of this world. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Take the master bedroom that is on-suite.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2016

My stay at Dune House was an absolute pleasure! The owner, Basil, made me feel right at home from arrival to departure time. Beautiful location, stunning views and magnificent home! Thank you Basil, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Linton W
Reviewed 11 May 2016

I had the pleasure of staying at Dune House recently and enjoyed a wonderful and relaxed holiday...just what I needed. The establishment is run by my brother Bas and I must say he really impressed me with what he has managed to create in Dune House. Living in the UK and visiting family in South Africa means I will now become a regular at Dune House. For those who appreciate a great meal, Bas is also the in-house chef, so whether it is for breakfast or one of his spectacular evening foodie events, you will find some exotic recipes and drinks to match when you get there. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

Room Tip: All rooms have lovely views and each have a slightly different twist in décor...roll the dice!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family