Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews four star hotel little touches by the glass different types salad lovely hotel family run food is excellent pool area golf snow spa dinner ski runs hiking
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2020

Their careful attention to gluten intolerant and celiac guests brought us to their family run business. After four days of half board, we went away with mixed reviews...

The daily afternoon snack from 3-5 PM was very good. However, many smokers were intermingled with non smokers on the terrace.

Dinner was exceptional! It is rare to have such consistently superior quality dinners at even a four star hotel. Dinner service was much better than breakfast. The Hotel Petrus dinners are comparable to Michelin one and two star restaurants.
Outstanding areas: Baked goods; the room decor, quality materials, color matching, lighting, firm bed, dead quiet floors and doors, pool, hot tub, general grounds and sauna areas.

However:

Chipped glasses, carafe and dirty dishes.

Breakfast service was poor, and we weren't informed what was available to order beyond the initial servings. Staff were noisily setting up for the next meal. After a talk with the owner, breakfast service improved.
At 8-10 AM, loud machine noises and loud music from the underground parking garage below our window.
Although a do not disturb sign on our door at 1045, housekeeping knocks and tells us this is her last room to clean, so we vacated early for her.
Flies in the breakfast/dining room.
Hotel Petrus has tremendous potential and, with some minor tweaks, could be a world class experience. Overall, a really superior hotel that needs to at least meet, and hopefully exceed expectations in not just some, but all areas.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 25 July 2020 via mobile

Hotel Petrus is our favorite hotel which is why we keep coming back every summer. Nestled in the beautiful Pustertal valley and within reach of some of nature's greatest wonders, it's family owned and operated, and the owners and all staff members are very friendly and accommodating. They go above and beyond one's expectations to make sure that their guests have a wonderful experience while staying at their hotel.
The food is excellent and is made from ingredients from their own farm and/or local farmers and companies. Their wine selection is also top notch. The pool, sauna, and spa areas are extremely comfortable and clean. Several group activities are also available, from yoga to hiking, mountain biking and golf— I highly recommend the guided hikes with Claudia! The interior and exterior design is aesthetically pleasing, and one can tell that lots effort has been made and attention to detail has been paid. The hotel rooms themselves are spacious, cozy, comfortable, and clean, and sometimes you might find a little surprise in your room after dinner. :-)
Also, I want to add that the challenges regarding the Coronavius pandemic have been solved perfectly and creatively here: Individual mini breakfast buffets brought to your table on large wooden planks and the mid-day South Tyrolean "Marende" comprised of beautifully arranged and tasty snacks served in a picnic-like wooden wine box are just a couple of examples. I honestly cannot find one negative thing to say about Hotel Petrus.
If you enjoy the outdoors and an atmosphere that's simultaneously down-to-earth and classy, I highly recommend staying here. Hotel Petrus truly is a gem and you won't be disappointed!

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020

We had an absolutely lovely stay here. The room, pool (and pool area) and bar were great. If you fancy a day out in the snow, a lounge and a swim followed by an aperitivo by a log fire, this is the location for you. The staff could not have been more helpful. I thought I might have overstepped my usual budget booking here but it actually felt very good value when I went to pay.

We had two meals and while I was slightly put off by the traditional Italian format (antipasto, primo, secondo, dolce - preceded by a salad, making five courses) the portions were well thought-out. There is limited choice and presentation is on the cheffy side, but the quality was astoundingly high. Beef carpaccio with white asparagus is something I would never usually order, as I consider both a little bland, but the herbs and flavouring meant it was delicious. I'm not a pudding person but poppy seed mousse with fermented plums was superb. Wine choice is good, although limited by the glass.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank MaryWortleyMontagu
Reviewed 26 February 2020

Our second visit was even better than the first. What makes this hotel super special is the care and attention from every member of the Petrus team, and especially the Aichner family who are the owners. Their passion creates a wonderful atmosphere that runs through everything. Lovely little touches are everywhere, such as small surprise gifts, local produce and daily newsletters. Whilst the hotel itself is fabulous, the swimming pool is amazing, as are the spa facilities, whilst the food was divine. The location is also ideal, with onsite ski hire and storage and regular buses to the nearest cable car running at the start and end of day (the trip is no more than 5 minutes). Honestly, I think this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at (I wondered whether I should review and share this secret with the world as I want to keep it to myself) and we cant wait to return. Where is the '6 star' button?

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank JLRugger
Reviewed 12 December 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel for sleeping, breakfast is also fine.
Location is good, just go with a taxi/uber to the city for 10-20 zloty. The hotel is hard to find when it is dark outside, after the first time you will find it easily.

Date of stay: December 2019