“Anglo Staff Not Welcome”
Review of Firestone

Firestone
Ranked #247 of 312 Restaurants in Hornsby
Reviewed 27 February 2021

This restaurant has been open for some time now and still refuses to employ a single Anglo. Asians only when it comes to getting a job here.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed 29 January 2021

No options through menulog to add any vegetables. Why doesn't it say there are no vegetables. I have been to many restaurants and never had or seen a pizza without a single vegetable. I took one bite and it was disgusting. I had to wash my mouth out If I wanted bread and cheese I wouldn't have to order this.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 28 October 2020

Wow, what a find this restaurant was. Steaks on the firestone, cook as much or as little as you like

Every Wednesday steaks are only $20 and are a reasonable size. They come with vegetables and yummy chips, plus the sauce of your choice

We choose to sit outside in the cabana for social distancing. This is a really lovely space, with lots of floor to ceiling windows. Can't wait to go again.

Kyle, the Manager was really friendly, as were all the staff. They were even happy for us all to order and pay individually, which was fabulous. We go out with about 18 people every Wednesday and, having to go through the bill at the end is always a nightmare. Not at Firestone, because we all pay individually when we order.

The restaurant is licensed, but will do BYO for $4 per head, which is reasonable. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 4 August 2020

This place has so much to offer- nice setting, good location, nicely decorated and soothing music. The coffee is exceptional so why the score of only 3??
The surliness of the waiter was so off putting, we thought we were doing him a disservice by even being in the restaurant- such a shame as the coffee is truly superb.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 23 February 2020

We had stopped here for coffee before, but decided to try the restaurant. From a friendly greeting when we arrived, we were shown to our table promptly and the great service started.

The garlic bread pizza was truly delicious and a great starter. The Wugyu beef main course arrived appropriately and looked great and the mustard seed accompaniment was awesome and the chips, simply, YUM. We also ordered the Barramundi fillets with crispy skin as the other main course - both perfect (but it would have been if they had arrived together - still not a complaint just a dining suggestion).

For dessert, we tried the pavlova - again, simply YUMMY! What a great meal finished with coffees.

The wine list is good and there are a good selection of beers and drinks.

The restaurant is well set out and we received great service throughout. We noted other diners also making some very favourable comments about their meals. The decor is pleasant and relaxed and they also have a great coffee shop which I have written about before.

Without mentioning other restaurants by name, there is a well known restaurant nearby which I have also reviewed a while ago and I received a deal of attitude from the Manager when you respond to the question "How was the meal?". Their meal was substandard and imperfect, and I know we will come back to Firestone again, with their great food, service, great atmosphere, awesome food and no attitude.

Date of visit: February 2020