“One of the best vacations I have ever had!”

Review of Ocho Palmas

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Wineguy19...
Eldersburg, Maryland
“One of the best vacations I have ever had!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This was our first visit to Roatan and we were so happy with our stay at Ocho Palmas. There were 7 people in our party and the house had plenty of room. There are 4 incredible bedrooms that each have their own private bathroom......we slept like kings. The house itself has EVERYTHING you need. It's fully furnished (very tasteful) so you feel like you're right at home.....even in the kitchen with all modern appliances. There is a water purification system built in so you can drink the water and nobody had any issues. The infinity pool was one of our favorite hang out spots to cool off with a drink and enjoy the view of the Caribbean. If you want to just hang out, read, drink and relax in luxury/privacy then this is your place. There is a nice beach and great snorkeling that are about a 15 min walk from the house. The service from the property managers at Island House Vacation Rentals was excellent and they were always happy to help us with questions/needs. I came back from Roatan feeling fully refreshed and relaxed. I didn't need a vacation after I had gotten back from my vacation! I highly recommend Ocho Palmas and would love to visit again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beds were comfortable, constant 15mph breeze, 5am sunrise, House
Liked least: I didn't see anything that I would change
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Michelle...
Houston, Texas
“Our Favorite House on the Island”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

This is truly one of those homes that you don't want to leave for the duration of your vacation. If you do venture out, it's within walking distance (not for the faint of heart) of West Bay or a two minute car ride, yet still feels very secluded and away from it all.

I easily made our reservation through Ruth, via email, and was greeted by Sam and Brad when we arrived at their office to pick up the keys. Sam went to the house with us and showed us where everything was and explained how all the gadgets work, along with loaning us a local cell phone. This house is not short on entertainment. There are TV/DVD combos in every bedroom and a big screen television in the living room, with a small selection of DVDs. There's a speaker on the back patio to hook your Ipod/phone up to so you can have music while you're on the deck or in the pool.

The LG stainless steel kitchen appliances are top notch and there's an additional stand alone ice maker that sits on the countertop. This home more than enough dishes, cookware, utensils, silverware and drinking glasses of all varieties.

There were only two of us in the house and we chose the back bedroom, nearest the pool, because of the amazing view of the ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable and had high quality bedding. We always had adequate water pressure and plenty of hot water for showers in the adjoining bathroom.

My favorite part of the house was the view from the deck. I never got tired of hearing the waves crashing on the rocks, just a few feet from the infinity pool. The constant breeze was a bonus and helped to keep the bugs away.

Speaking of the pool, it's very clean, a nice temperature and is surrounded by plenty of chairs and loungers and nice plush beach towels.

This is our fourth time renting on Roatan and I think we've finally found the house that we'll definitely rent again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool, views, decor.
Liked least: I can't think of anything we didn't like.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing