“Awesome time and place”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
LICHENS J...
“Awesome time and place”
Reviewed 18 January 2017 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

We booked Sunset House over Thanksgiving break to celebrate a 70th birthday. There were nine of us, and everyone had a great time. Everything was perfect. The location withing walking distance between the two towns (West End, West Bay) flagging water taxi's from the pier, The bar with the awesome barbecue, the fishing....I could go on and on. It is a great place. We are only sorry it is too large for just my husband and I, or we'd go back often.

Shawn W
Bothell, Washington, United States
“Second stay, a special place”
Reviewed 21 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed at the Sunset house with a group of 11 people in August 2015, and had a great time. I proposed to my girlfriend on the dock, looking at the stars and ocean late one night. So in August 2016, we returned with a group of 10 people and got married on the same dock!

The house is in a great location, walking distance from West Bay and West End. The dock is one of the best on the beach, with lights in the palapa and in the water so you can see the sea creatures at night. Water taxi drivers are well aware of the sunset house and will drop you off easily, night or day. The concierge is extremely helpful with planning any activities you want to do around the island during your trip. The on-site caretaker is a great guy who carefully maintains the property, he's also a lot of fun to talk to (study your Spanish, though!)

The house has all the amenities you'd need, as does the extra apartment in the back. They also provide water toys for your use, and you can kayak or paddleboard out to the reef pretty easily.

Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
lunk
Montreal
“Best Roatan vacate yet... and we've been going for years”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Can't say enough great stuff about this place. I worry that if I tell too many people the secret will ruin our next vacation plan to stay at the Sunset House.

Liked best: Coral reef!
Liked least: some stuff went missing during our stay... little things like shoes, hats, some clothes etc
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
bshalchi3...
Berkeley, California
“An Experience That Will Stay With You Forever”
Reviewed 1 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Wrote this review in VRBO and wanted to post it again here!

I had such a memorable time at the Sunset House; it was such an enjoyable experience. The Sunset House is in a prime location between the West End and the West Bay, making access to fun activities a breeze. The house has so many fun and thoughtful amenities that it truly reflects the manager's mindfulness in making certain that guests are beyond satisfied. Subtleties that may go unnoticed, like having staff--who I must mention are kind, thoughtful, and very helpful--constantly rake/turn over sand and spraying plants to keep unwanted pests away made our time at the home extremely comfortable. Other things, such as paddle boards, kayaks, snorkeling gear, ping pong table, hammocks (ohh how I loved the hammocks and their location on the property), a Bluetooth speaker to blast music while swimming at the dock, night lights under the dock to see beautiful sea life... the list goes on! Wake up, grab some breakfast, then a kayak with some snorkeling gear, paddle out about 100 yards (no joke!), and snorkel the coral reef and its lovely creatures that will literally have you in a state of awe--it's like Finding Nemo all over again! If that's too far, there are lively creatures to see right off the dock--sting rays, small jellyfish, numerous kinds of exotic fish. I decided to go for my PADI certification on the island where one of the most beautiful scuba locations I went to was right in front of the Sunset House!! Sea turtles, sting rays, magnificent coral, and uncountable variety of fish! Want some fresh lion fish tacos? Walk on the dock and get water taxi that will take you to the West End. Or head out to the West Bay to have some Monkey Lalas (a unique island drink that's all over the island) with my all time favorite fresh sea bass fish and chips (I'd get the fish and fish it's so damn good). All in all, the manager's/owner's effort that goes into this place is palpable and made my experience priceless--thank you!

Travelling group: Friends
Larissa M
“What more could I have asked for...”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We recently got back from a week stay at Sunset House. Everything about the trip was amazing. Ryan, the concierge, was great at answering questions and arranging transportation for us. We were met at the airport and taken to the grocery store. Everyone was very helpful! The house was great! It had all the amenities you would need or think of plus some! The beds were comfortable, the kitchen well stocked with dishes, pots, etc., the beach was raked every morning for us, there was a misting system to help keep the bugs at bay, there were tons of toys, snorkeling gear, etc. available to us to use and so much more! We had Chef Blackie cook for us the first night we were there, and there are not enough words for how amazing that dinner was. The coconut shrimp was by far the best I have ever had.. not to mention the tartar sauce! The water was calm so my kids could play very easily without me worrying. Everyone morning people in our group fished off the dock and were quite successful. Do not expect the really blue water you see in pictures of Roatan.. it's clear just not blue.. you'll get the blue when you head toward West Bay (but this is by no means a bad thing). The house is literally right in between West Bay and West End. We walked to West Bay a few times, and it's definitely doable. Other times we took a water taxi do to us having little ones that weren't always up to the walk. We never walked to West End, but I'm not sure if you can walk that. We took a water taxi when we went to dinner in West End. There is a house phone provided which came in handy when trying to confirm our reservations for various activities. There are tons of hammocks on the property, so you can just decide which view you want the most and relax. We will definitely visit again!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing