Reviews (1 418)
1 418 results
All reviews thirsty turtle vintage pearl garden cabana crab races movie night live music cruise ship west end laid back fun activities coconut shrimp office staff fish great diving the wait staff front porch lounge chairs
32 - 37 of 1 418 reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was ok, it is not 5 stars but it was affordable. On the other hand, the people running the hotel and the activities were marvelous. They made sure our needs were met, that we had reliable and safe transportation. The guards were amazing and all of them were extremely helpful and welcoming.

The laundry services were inexpensive, you just had to ask at the front desk and it was done immediately.

I was told August is the low season, we didn’t encounter huge crowds wherever we went and believe me, we explored almost all the island. I felt very safe every where we went, and I traveled with my two little boys (9 and 10).

I am coming back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank blancas743
LindellB6, Front Office Manager at Bananarama Dive & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your boys enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed our beautiful Island.
We try our best to make your guest feel as comfortable and enjoy their stay.

We do hope you visit Bananarama once again, and remember we always offer a return guest discount.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I’m definitely going to go back to that hotel, it’s in the best zone of the island, they have all the things to assure you a great adventure experience, the only problem is the parking, they have spot for only 2 cars.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

It will be a pleasure to have you visit us again.

Regards.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Leased a vehicle at the port for $55 (new compact SUV all day) & drove to beautiful West Bay where we found the Bananarama Resort-fee was $10 per person for use of beach chairs, facilities including changing rooms, wifi, & security. Unfortunately wifi was not working the day we went. There are several food choices right on the beach which can be delivered directly to your beach chair. Vendors are on the beach soliciting for hair braiding & massages however they are not allowed to come to the area where beach chairs are located. I highly recommend & definitely a better value than paying $$$ to the cruise line for their beach break shore excursion.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Misty S
LindellB6, Front Office Manager at Bananarama Dive & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you very much for visiting us during your Caribbean Vacation, it's always a pleasure to cater to all that wish to visit our hotel and we do hope to have you visit us again. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the Wifi.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

It is hard to compare Bananarama, because it is very unique. We went on our family trip (we have twin 8 year olds who are very active) and we were looking for a location that was off the beaten path - a place where we could gel without thinking or needing to do the normal day-to-day habits. We also wanted to be in close proximity to the beach and activities, because you can lose a lot of vacation time on rental cars, driving, maps, etc. etc. And of course, having twin 8 year olds demands safety, or worrying alone can make gel-ing an impossibility. Bananarama was it, and l can say that there is no place like it. The room we stayed in was rustic - they are not meant to wow you. The rooms are a place where you will sleep safe and comfortable, and if you plan on staying in them for longer than your normal sleep, then this place (even the island) is not for you. This is a place where you get up, walk out and see the blue ocean 20 feet from your door past the swinging hammocks and water buckets the staff refreshens daily (to wash the sand off your feet before you enter your room when the sun is down). You do not need shoes. You need bathing suits, sun lotion, sun glasses, and a snorkel mask in your hand (they supply fresh beach towels at your leisure). I do not know if I ever wore shoes the 9 days we were there, except when I left the resort. So the mornings were sitting at a table, sipping coffee, and waiting for our complimentary breakfast which was always cooked and brought by a waiter, not put on a serving dish in a buffet line - not gourmet, but not Holiday Inn Express either. What was really great is that my wife and I could sip on our coffee, use the wireless internet (slow but sure, allowing us a valid excuse to finish our 3rd cup of Joe), and wait for breakfast while our twins played at the water's edge. I could literally talk to them while they were playing - the water's edge is that close. That is priceless. During coffee, the "Detour Roatan" activities persons were there to offer activities (and they take PayPal). Our twins LOVED flyboarding from the beach, and the staff even set up a short 2 hour fishing trip (fishing boat pulled up to the beach) and my 8 year old daughter caught a 20lb Tuna that we brought back to Bananarama. Now, that seems cool, but the chefs at Bananarama took the Tuna and grilled it up for us for FREE for dinner that night. The kids had so much fun eating Tuna, probably because they caught it, but it is these little experiences that hit the mark. One night the resort had crab races on the beach, and you gamble on the crabs for charity. Doesn't seem like much, but when you see a crowd of kids and adults cheering on their crabs as though it was some sort of professional event, you start to see smiles that are generated from them experiencing something unique and unusual. Combine that with the fact that my kids held a baby sloth, played in the water with a baby jaguar, swam (not sit on a platform and pet) with dolphins, and this location was unmatched. So that would be enough for us to return, BUT I have not touched on the crown jewel - this is a 5 star PADI dive resort and the dive shop and boats ARE RIGHT THERE ON THE BEACH! So, my 8 year old twins were able to begin their PADI Bubbles dives. Their instructor Zoey (who they loved like a big sister) took them on 3 dives which opened their eyes to a new world of beauty (the reef system in Roatan is very shallow in parts, and there's no current or undertow). The staff at Bananarama was wonderful. We wanted another hammock in front of our door, and when we came back at night there was a new one mounted for us. The drinks were great and well priced. Lindell was very sweet and always attentive to needs. If something wasn't right, they fixed it by the time you got back from an activity. NOW FOR YOU PARENTS WHO ARE AS NERVOUS AS I AM: the safety was impeccable. There were security guards everywhere - and I never felt unsafe or worried. In fact, there was more security here (the security is an American Firm) than I have ever seen even at the much more pricier resort locations. My kids were so sad the last day - they did not want to leave. My daughter attempted negotiations and bribery, and my son was telling me how much he wanted to bring his friends from school to Bananarama. They were upset on the taxi drive to the airport, and as I type this review, I must admit that I miss it already too. WE WILL BE BACK.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christian Z

It was a pleasure having you and your family visiting us Christian. We fell in love with each and everyone of you, specially the kids.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our goal is to make our guest happy.
I remember the joyful face of you daughter when she was telling us the story of catching her fish, we will never forget that face of happiness.

We do wish to see you guys again and remember you are now a part of the BANANARAMA FAMILY!!! Welcome aboard!!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2018

While the rooms are rustic, this is a great place to relax. Breakfast is included and is different every day and quite delicious. The grounds are lovely, and it is located right on the beach. They feature music and/or activities every night. What makes this place great is the people, very friendly and gracious at all times.

Date of stay: July 2018