Saronsberg Vineyard Cottages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Royal Hotel(Riebeek Kasteel)
Riebeek Valley Hotel(Riebeek-West)
Ridgeback House(Windmeul)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswine tastingtasting roomart collectionself cateringhot watergreat wineaward winning winescoffee plungerbeautiful wine farmbeautiful settingbedroom cottagebraai areaeasy accessmountain bikingcheese plattercomfortable bedslong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2016

The location of our cottage was amazing, beautiful views. The kitchen was well equipped and the bedroom comfortable but in the lounge the couches were uncomfortable and dated. All in all loved our stay the location was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 September 2016

We had a great experience at Saronsberg. Would just like to make a suggestion, as a female I would have liked to have a mirror close to a plug. Cords of hairdryers and flat irons are very short. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We arrived on the Saturday afternoon of a long weekend, when the wine tasting centre was extremely busy. Unfortunately that was where we had to wait to check in, with no evidence of a reception area for the cottages at all, and no signage to direct us to where the check-in was. After a good while, we were directed to cottage no. 5 just up the farm road. Cottages 5 and 6, amongst others, are semi-detached, but not sound-proofed at all. The neighbours' baby kept us awake with her screams for an hour the first night, and their every word was clearly audible from our side and no doubt vice versa. This is really not acceptable and is the reason I would not return there nor recommend it to anybody. This is unfortunate, because the setting is beautiful and the cottage has everything you'd need for a perfectly lovely weekend, including comfortable, warm beds.

Room Tip: Do not book a semi-detached cottage. Try to get a north-facing cottage. The south-facing one we had was very chilly all day.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I spent my birthday weekend on this breathtakingly beautiful wine estate. The cottage is well equipped and had everything I needed PLUS a king sized (I had the best sleep in a very long time). My morning coffee was had on the porch, while watching the cows graze and the calves chasing each other in the meadow. It was a bonus not having a TV around! The only disappointment I experienced was the fact that I could not go wine tasting on this award winning farm. It would have been fantastic savoring a bottle of RED in front of the fireplace.. Saronsberg, you will definitely see me again in summer..

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

The tasting facility is breathtakingly beautiful with equally striking views as a backdrop. An array of art is on display in the tasting room and the art gallery above. The roaring fire place at the centre of the building created a warm and welcoming atmosphere on cold and wet winter’s day.

A large variety of wines are on offer catering for a vast pallet. We were fortunate to have the estate winemaker Dewaldt Heyns share his knowledge of the various wines with us. All the wine ambassadors were friendly and welcoming. Some were undergoing training but made a sterling effort to answer our questions.

This was truly an elegant wine tasting experience which I can highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple