See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2018

so the reason that I gave 3 star is because this place is really average.
It has an ok location, 7 minutes walking to the closest beach Dassia , staff is really nice and polite ,rooms are very clean but very small!
Beds were awfully uncomfortable and bathroom was tiny... Every time we took a shower we had to spend 30 min after to get rid of the water that goes all around because the shower curtain is very short. Also we had to spend time wiping the toilet seat because shower curtain did't go around the tub but just covering one side ...who wants to spend time like this while on holiday!
Food was very good especially dinner!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dunja S
Gina P, Owner at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. We always welcome and encourage our guests to share with us their perception of our hospitality and services.

Your kind comments regarding our hospitality and services are indeed the most valuable reward. I totally agree with you on the bathroom subject and it is a big pity that you did not approach me with your problem.....I would have solved it on the spot.

Never the less, I would like to thank you once again for choosing us for your vacation and I hope to see you again in the future.

My warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Mum and I wanted to escape so we made our booking a month ago via Leclerc Voyage to Victoria Hill Hotel.
The location was perfect, in less than 5 minutes there is a bus stop to go to Corfou or Ipsos or you could take the green buses to go further. The bus drives you in about 20 minutes to Corfou and it is quite a pleasant drive and 5 minutes to Ipsos or you could walk and it would take you less than half an hour. In front of bus stops there is a bakery, a pizzeria, restaurants, coffee and a small market; it is very practical especially to have a drink after our expeditions day.
The hotel is 5 minutes away from the beach so once again the location was ideal (1 advice buy plastic shoes to go into the water as there is rocks on most of the beaches).
The only down point is that the hoel is hardly accessible to disabled as there is quite a steep walk from the reception to the main road but if you are accompagnied it should be possible for you to stay as there is ground floor rooms, maybe mention it when you make the booking.
We stayed on one of the ground floor rooms with a terrace it was perfect to play cards before dinner. Our room was very quiet, we had a great views over the hills and could admire sunrise. The room was airconditionned so we did not suffer from the heat at night. Very practical and spaceful room with a wardrobe and lots of cupboard and a mirror. Tv is not full with channels but it did not matter because we had better things to do and see so that would have been a shame to stay and watch it anyway. Bed and pillows were comfortable.
Of course we were glad to have a nice room to our taste but we have been impressed with Gina's hospitality with her team. This is a familial hotel, staff members are professional and friendly and would do anything they can to ensure you do have a pleasant stay. We really enjoyed the attention they had towards everyone and were concious to keep a nice atmosphere within the hotel. As an exemple we went to The Metéores on excursion and were very pleased to have a picnic basket organised by Gina for us even though we would have lunch on the day in a restaurant.
With regards to the food, It is honest in the way that every meals are homemade by Spiros the head chef. The buffet was reduced but sufficient, every night we had a meal cooked in sauce either fish or meat it was really tasty. My favorite is when they made Gyros (traditionnal kebab meat). Also the buffet was balanced as it showed a salad bar chips and vegetables in addition to the rest. As I said it was not a lot because they ensure it is freshly prepared plus the buffet was always topped up. I did not have breakfast but I noticed choice was there with either ham cheese for salty taste or sweet like cake...
Another point, the swimming pool was very nice with free sunloungers, I got tan here! We felt very much valued and looked after and we would definetly come back to this hotel. Next time we would hire a car (cost about 50 euros a day with insurance) to go around the Island. Paleokastritsas is a must do. Sidari and Canal d'amour as well!
To all the team especially to the ones I did not get the chance to see before our departure, many thanks we miss you already. Orane and Brigitte

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank oranehaddi

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your holiday experience on TripAdvisor!

It's a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your overall stay and of course we hope to give us the chance to welcome you once again in the not too distant future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Right, so will need to explain we ended up here because there were no rooms left where our family was in Barbati, and due to very short notice, our agency placed us here.

This is classed as a 3* hotel. No one expects luxury or something out of the ordinary. Upon arrival we've been told that they don't have a sea view room as we paid for, for the first 2 nights, so they will give us water & a glass of wine each every night. The water was tap water and the wine was terrible so none of us could drink it. We were on a ground floor room for the first two nights, then got moved into the room we actually paid for. See pics of the first room, brown spots on bed cover & ripped curtains. The bathroom was in a terrible state and you had to wear shoes all the time everywhere.

Food was so-so, hence my 2* review instead of 1*. Not a lot of choice, but decent food and well cooked. You could tell it was chosen so it meets cheap prices request.

Second room was a bit better, still nothing to brag about, but I loved the view. They don't have double beds, only 2 singles put together so you can break your bones at night. The bed was all broken underneath the mattress so you had to be very careful to not injury yourself. Please see pics attached of this as well. I am not sure towels were changed everyday.

Towels were full of rust and when I asked about this I've been told the towels cannot be changed every time they get a spot (?!?!?)

When I asked at the reception for an iron I've been told by this guy (his English was poor to non-existent) that they don't have irons. Also, no hairdryers in the room, which I am sure 3* hotels should have by European standards

My favourite part: we were smoking on the terrace, while having a drink, when we've been rudely told not to smoke because it bothers other guests. Then why the hell do you give ashtrays and allow smoking?!?!? You need to own this.

Other random facts: pool is terrible, has a bar next to it that is not even functional, sun beds are cheap, we didn't spend a minute by the pool. Beach is 5-10 mins away, definitely not 500 m as advertised.

The owner's attitude was decent but not nice enough.

Overall we would not recommend and I wouldn't go back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reviewfairy2812
Gina P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,

I understand you not being with your family was a disappointment for you and your holiday mood was put to the line from day one. The hotel runs from May and is fully booked throughout the summer season with many, many guests. The majority of which are happy and merry holidayers. Yes, there was a problem with your sea view room that was resolved two days afterwards, hence the compensation of daily filtered water to your table and a choice of wine or beer or soft drink. You uploaded a photo with bed planks out of place...this is something that could have been easily placed out of place by someone just to take a photo and the photo with the bedspread stain that has been zoomed to its maximum just to make a point whereas the stain is in fact hardly visible. What was distressing at the time was that the dining area is a non smoking area, that is why there are NO ashtrays and you with no respect to the other guests started smoking.....leading you to a heavy conversation with other non smoking guests and you pounding out of the dining area. You should respect non smokers.

On behalf of Victoria Hill Hotel, I would like to thank you for your review and once again, I understand your unpleasantness due to the fact that your travel agent could not accommodate you with your family in Barbati.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Pretty comfortable rooms. Even we had been accommodated in two beds room with additional bed for child, still there were enough space with pretty spacious terrace and beautiful sea view. Room was cleaned on daily basis. Towels and sheets were changed after 4-5 days.
Food was excellent. The breakfast is mainly standardized, but still with enough varieties of dishes. But dinner was with at least three tasty and different meals every day and with god soups and different salads. Of course this is not five star hotel with all inclusive. But for price you pay, you got almost everything you need for great holiday. This is, I would say a middle family hotel, where all staff strive to please all guests. Even we had a slight misunderstandings at our arrival, (it was miscommunication between agency and the hotel about accommodation of our child) they immediately bring additional bed for ten minutes.
Of course, there are some cons. First is location. The hotel is not so close to the beach. You need approximately ten minutes walk. But it was clearly stated in description we got in agency, and it was exactly what we expected. For us with ten aged child it was not problem. I think that distance is more than compensated by price and by great view.
And another drawback are mosquitoes. We were not prepared for them, so we had to buy some things against them in the shop and use it during night. It is resolvable but you should count on that.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Gina P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

On behalf of the Victoria Hill management team and the staff, I would like to thank you for your review.

I'm going to pass personally your kind words to the staff involved, because such reviews give us courage not to give up the hard work.

Thank you again, and we hope to host you again in the future to our beautiful island!

Best Regards,

Hotelier

Reviewed 26 December 2016

my 11 years old son and i spent 10 wonderful days at this hotel in June 2016. *Location: great - near the most beautiful part of the local beach, supermarkets and bus station in front of hotel and yet, so peaceful during the night. *Rooms: we were using standrad room (hotel offers great superior rooms) which was everything we needed - comfortable beds, balcony, refrigirator, clean, nice view.*food: various and excellent!
*staff - i can't use this word, owners and people that make you feel welcome from the heart...nicest memories of them all...family that owns hotel and take care of every tiny detail, fantastic chef, even cleaning lady Ranya!
great base to enjoy this fantastic island.

Stayed: June 2016
ginapenna, Owner at Victoria Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

A big THANK YOU for your lovely words and beautiful review......We all are soo pleased that you and your son enjoyed your ten days with us.....home feeling is what we want for ALL our guests to feel when staying with us and I am just soo contempt that my team and I succeeded with your vacation. Looking forward to seeing you in the future.