Message from Tripadvisor:Temporarily closed
Black Eagle Brewing Company
Open today: 12:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Beer Paradise

Great place to visit. Taste trays of 7... great way to get to know the beers. Board games... lovely... read more

Reviewed 25 December 2019
ItravelCD
Johannesburg, South Africa
via mobile
Interesting little gem

I travel to Langebaan at least twice a year and always look for new places to visit - this little... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2019
YolandeVE
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Recommended experiences in and around Langebaan
from US$209,71
from US$172,03
from US$224,69
from US$850,08
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

We also visited on a Thurs in February, a bonus as we didn't think they opened until Friday. Great beer, great staff, does it matter how many people are there? It's the beer that matters.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

Not very happy with this place! Visited at about 2.30 and were only visitors. First thing we were told was no food or nibbles available except crisps. Ordered one tasting and one 300 ml glass of lager for me. Neither of us liked most of the beers. Staff very pleasant but no tour of brewery offered. Waste of time. Wouldn't recommend a visit

Date of experience: February 2019
hugor317, Owner at Black Eagle Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2019

Hi Geraldine,
I am the co-owner of the establishment and was on duty on the day of your visit. To be clear - we are a beer tasting room and not a restaurant so we always only have a very limited food offering and most people are quite happy to nibble on a crisp while sipping their beer. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the beers. May I ask: Did you tell us that you didn't enjoy the beers? If you did and the word didn't reach me then I apologize and I will have a word with my co-worker about this. Had I known that you didn't enjoy the beers, I would not have charged you for them as you didn't like most of them. We are a tiny nano-brewery with serious space constraints and cannot offer tours because our space is multi purpose and functional most of the time. I am sorry that you wasted your time but I am grateful that you describe our staff as pleasant. Thankfully for us most people love the experience and the beer and see us for what we are and for what we're trying to do. I hope you find many better breweries on your travels with food and tours.
Hugo Roux

Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

Definitely worth visiting even if you are not a beer drinker!!

The beer selection on offer can cater for any preferences (tasting paddles are a great way to start). The nibbles and tapas were very tasty and extremely ‘morish’ (we had seconds of the guacamole and biltong chips).

The experience was always friendly and interactive - the owner showed genuine interest on our beer tasting thoughts and even indulged us when we asked for a blend of two beers (which actually balanced te hops and malt characters of the beers amazingly!!).

All in all, a must go.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

Awesome vibe, can stay and enjoy a wonderful afternoon with craft beer and card games. Snack options too.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Thanx Hugo for the warm reception. Hugo is a great host, always willing to chat about his beers and advise on future tastings. I can advise any avid beer drinking to vist black eagle. Cheers to many more visits.

Date of experience: November 2018