“Amazing week in the snow!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Fun With Santa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 43 reviews

Reviews from our community

theswifts...
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing week in the snow!”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We had a fantastic time in Akaslompolo. Its a truly magical experience - really pretty and peaceful location surrounded by silent woodlands and yet so much to do in the area. Would recommend the husky safaris, snowmobile trip to the ice hotel and the trip to Hannus reindeer farm. All amazing trips and each one so different. We also booked a cross country ski lesson (harder than it looks) and had a day at the ski resort which is a very easy, short short bus ride away. Even when not on a trip there was so much snow to mess around in. All in all a busy and very memorable week. Will be hard to beat it! The cabin is a lovely warm and cosy retreat from the cold. We really enjoyed the sauna. Thank you Jane for arranging and sorting everything for us. We would love to visit again one day.

Date of stay: February 2018
Nicholas...
“Great Experience For Children”
Reviewed 29 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

Excellent experience for children. The Santa Village in Joulouka is rustic and "real". The elves do a great job taking care of the kids and being entertaining. Our kids thought they were seeing the "Real Santa".

The other Santa Village in the main part of Rovanemi town is not "real" and the kids will see "through it", like the mall santa...

Your age range 35-49
amberfami...
Adelaide, Australia
“Outstanding - Jane could not have been more helpful”
Reviewed 20 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

From the moment I stumbled across Jane on Trip Advisor she was absolutely, unquestionably fantastic to deal with. I was coordinating a holiday for 9 Australians (4 adults and 5 children aged 3, 7, 7, 9 and 9) who wanted to experience a white Christmas. After looking at the past snow patterns across Europe we began to head North and researching Lapland. A company here in Australia had an inflexible holiday package at AUD$20,000 for one family of 5. However, when I began to research whether I could put together a similar trip myself, I found Jane's company. Jane was extraordinary. She swiftly looked at accommodation options for us, managed to put together a schedule of tours that we wanted to participate in and at a very reasonable price compared to the inflated Australian companies offering. Jane was flexible when flight changes meant we needed to re-arrange some days, was in constant contact with us (including throughout our stay), sent us special paper for the children to write to Santa (Santa pulled these letters out and showed the children he'd received them) arranged the "same Santa" to attend our cabin and for us to visit him, arranged where I could deliver "Santa gifts" so that they were brought to the children and much, much more. She even offered advice on clothing, how to prepare ourselves for Lapland weather conditions, provided extra information on how to keep out youngest warm and made restaurant bookings for us. From the moment we got off the train in Kittila to the point we were taken to the airport when we left each and every tour guide turned up on time, each restaurant booking was in place and this allowed us to have great fun. I cannot express our gratitude to Jane for her professionalism, her knowledge and her time in helping us create a magical Christmas so far from home. I would urge anyone reading this review not to hesitate in using Jane to arrange your holiday... you will not be disappointed. Us 9 Australians will hold our Lapland memories for a lifetime.

pomerania...
Los Angeles
“The vacation of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 15 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

I give this location and experience 5 stars. Here are my reasons why:

COMMUNICATION: Jane was so easy to coordinate with. She answered a million questions from me, and each time, within 24 hours of my sending the query. She was so patient with me, because she knew I was a complete stranger to Lapland, and wanted me to understand the terrain. She was very organized, too. She had deadlines and reminders for everything, so all I had to do was decide on which excursions to go on. She even gave us various alternatives as to how to get to the village (by train vs. by Finnair)

Also, she was responsive even during our stay --- I had questions about how to use the washing machine because I didn't understand Finnish and I'm typically tech-maladapted, but she was patient enough to write down everything step-by-step. We really appreciated her kindness and thoughtfulness.

VALUE: The log cabin we rented was so spacious. It has two beds on the second floor (perfect for kids), a living room, a working kitchen, and a bedroom with two beds put together. It also had two bathrooms and one shower (as well as a sauna room). Seriously, you can't beat this deal -- most hotels would charge you twice the amount Jane charges. It felt so homey (she left the Christmas tree there for us to enjoy), and had all the amenities one would wish for a snowy holiday -- sleds, firewood, all the hot chocolate and coffee you want, etc.

LOCATION: It is so perfectly located, because it is amongst other cabins, several meters away from restaurants and stores (not too far away, but close enough to walk to). It would get so quiet by around 7pm. Also, the cabin is right behind a forest, so when you wake up, you get a beautiful view --- trees blanketed in pure snow. Additionally, if you're lucky enough and there are no clouds to obscure your view, you have a perfect view of the Aurora Borealis --- it was right above us a couple of nights.

TRANSPORTATION: We had the use of Annen Taksi the whole time. During the milder days, we preferred to trek to and from restaurants like Evaskori Pizza (really amazing reindeer and bear pizza). But on heavy snow days, we would call up Annen and request a taxi and they always picked us up within five minutes of us placing the call.

EFFICIENCY: All the excursions were planned meticulously down to the last detail. We were picked up and dropped off at the designated times. Nothing broke down, no one was late --- every single cog in the wheel worked. And it's not as if they were constantly rushing. One thing I noticed about the Finns is that they take their time, but they make sure to waste no one's.

UNIQUENESS: I would have to say that Fun with Santa Oy really outdid themselves when it came to the excursions they offered. My family was blown away by the Lainio Village (Snow and Ice) because of how exquisite the ice sculptures and carvings were. My son's favorite was the trip to see Santa (who even gave him a present!). My personal favorite was the Husky Sled ride - 9 kilometers of pure exhiliration (my hubby piloted the ride) -- you get to witness how dogs become a team whilst enjoying the view. You will come away from these experiences feeling richer.

All in all, we absolutely loved our stay in the cabin and would recommend anyone and everyone to book their vacation with Jane. You won't regret it.

sharonahi...
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Best Family Holiday Ever!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We wanted this holiday to be something special & magical, and it has lived up to this & more!! This was very much down to the fact that Jane is so super organised & informative. The trips she arranged were fab, with the bonus of being picked up & dropped off at our cabin! I’ve heard other families saying they had to queue to see Santa, well not on Janes trips!! We were one of four families, & we were all entertained with gingerbread decorating & elves whilst each family had their special time with the big man, it was truly magical! We can’t fault a single thing with our whole 1 week holiday, and would recommend Jane at Fun With Santa time & time again!!

Date of stay: December 2017
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.