Reviews (1 051)
1 053 results
All reviews latimer place the main house old house manor house conference venue leisure facilities beautiful countryside sauna and steam room bar menu buffet style wedding reception following morning tea and coffee stayed for one night bar area weekend break lovely location
95 - 100 of 1 053 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding.In one of the superior doubles - there was nothing superior about it. The room was dingy and old fashioned. The lighting was so bad I really struggled to apply my make up! The bathroom was particularly poor, felt dirty after we had both had showers as the shower was not separate from the rest of the room.

That said service was good, so was the resturant and it's a lovely setsetting.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica B
Antonio C, General Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Jessica B,

Thank you for your feedback, I am aware that we have contacted you directly regarding your room allocation and I trust you are satisfied with the outcome.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Having written an extremely good review following my daughter’s wedding here, I now have to write having just encountered a totally unsatisfactory telephone call today.
As it is one year on following said wedding, and another family celebration is imminent, we thought it would be nice to go back to Latimer together for a meal.
One of our number tried to book online but gave up in total frustration, so I, not wishing to be thwarted, offered to call and actually speak with someone.
What a mistake! I’m guessing I went through to a reception desk where my questions were not even listened to.
All I wanted at this stage was to make some general enquiries about the restaurant with a view to a later booking. However, this didn’t seem to be understood. It was firstly assumed I was looking for a reservation for the same day and when I said no, it was for later in July, she offered to book me in for the 30th July, a date I had never mentioned. The person I spoke to didn’t know anything at all about the restaurant but when I asked for someone who did, I was also told there was no body else I could speak to who would have the information required. When I asked, I was told that I couldn’t speak to anyone in the restaurant as they were too busy, maybe understandably, but neither was it suggested that I could call at another more convenient time.
With one final shot l asked if she knew whether the reastaurant did Sunday lunches ..... she said she wasn’t sure!
At this point I surrendered, we will go elsewhere....
No wonder restaurants are struggling.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank relyonme2014
Antonio C, General Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear relyonme2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor, it is of course disappointing to not have had the chance to look deal with the matter in a constructive manner and personally provide the answers to your questions. Unfortunately there are times when we are extremely busy and need to call customers back and I am truly sorry that we did not offer you this option.
As you have said you have had a positive experience at the Estate and it is of course disappointing to hear that this lapse in service has resulted in you choosing another venue. We will of course look into the comments you have made to ensure that continuous improvement is in place. Should you decide to give us another chance please do contact me directly.

antonio.campanile@devere.com

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Spent two nights here recently with family. Amazing location, and not too far from Heathrow/connections to London on the Metropolitan Line. Spotless bedroom in the newer part of the building, amazing buffet breakfasts in a huge conservatory area, Teas/coffee/drinks in gorgeous lounge areas with comfortable seating. Clean swimming pool.Friendly, helpful staff. Good simple wifi, safe ample parking, and so many benches and areas to sit down in the grounds just to have some peace and quiet. The whole conference/wedding activity in the hotel isn´t something that bothered me, there is so much space for other guests to lose yourself in. So what stops the 10/10... no free coffee or tea in the reception area, and the long walk from hotel area at the back to the main building (where you really want to be). Some noise in corridors from late night wedding party guests, but to be expected. They should put signs up in corridors to remind people to pipe down! Best; just a stunning location, historic building, and there are times you feel in an English costume drama. Will come again and recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank i47
Antonio C, General Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear i47,

Thank you for taking the time to review Latimer Estate, I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Stunning Hotel and grounds. My sister and I went for afternoon tea for my Dads birthday. The afternoon tea selection was very good and the quality of food was fresh and good value. However, on this day they may have been short staffed as we were not attended to after delivery of the food and no one came back to ask us if we did want anything else. (which we did) So we decided to ask for the bill. Regretfully we could not find any staff to pay the bill. I did finally find someone at reception and they were very apologetic and offered a concession to our bill. So of course we were happy with the result and we did still have a lovely experience. I have visited since and will continue to recommend as this is a beautiful venue.

Room Tip: We did not stay over night to comment
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MarciaNembhard
Antonio C, General Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear MarciaNembhard,

I am delighted to hear that you chose Latimer Estate for your Dad's birthday afternoon tea. Please do contact me before you visit again and I will ensure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed as a last minute travel stop arriving at 11pm, although the hotel was a bit of a challenge to find it was well worth it.

Good room, helpful staff and a nice pool/spa make this a hotel to visit either on business or as family.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank John L

Dear John L

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback of Latimer Estate, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.