Reviews (1 056)
1 056 results
All reviews latimer place the main house old house manor house conference venue leisure facilities beautiful countryside sauna and steam room bar menu buffet style wedding reception following morning tea and coffee stayed for one night bar area weekend break lovely location
147 - 152 of 1 056 reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We recently held an 80th Birthday party for my mum at the De Vere Latimer Estate which was organised by Bryher who I thank for her patience in dealing with me and answering my many queries. The party went exactly as planned and everyone had a lovely time despite the snowy conditions. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and a big thank you to Daniel who made sure things ran smoothly and that we had everything we needed. Also a big thank you to Alice our lovely and very enthusiast waitress and all the other people involved.

Room tip: Make you state if you want a room in the man house.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Andy T
Antonio C, General Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Andy T, Thank you for your review and once again the team and I wish your Mum a many happy returns. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care, Bryher, Daniel and indeed all team always endeavour to deliver the best of service, they will appreciate your feedback. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.
With Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had a wonderful stay at Latimer, our room was amazing, the estate is just on the outskirts of London so easy to get to but far from the hustle and bustle. Grounds are lovely, we borrowed the wellies at the front door and went on a walk around the Chess Valley. The bar is nice for reading newspapers in the morning and the breakfast each morning was fantastic, set in a great restaurant with loads of space and loads of options. It was overcast for most of our stay but not a worry as there is a pool and sauna. We are looking to book again at Latimer for summer this year we had such a good time.

Room tip: We booked a Deluxe room in the Mansion House which look to all be just renovated.
1  Thank emmsch

Dear Emmsch, thank you for taking the time to review De Vere Latimer Estate. I was delighted to read you had a great Easter Break, despite the weather condition. You are right the Hotel, location and setting are fantastic and I was pleased to read you took advantage of the boots. Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

booked an afternoon tea and DBB from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, the food was delicious and washed down with some bubbles not over priced , lovely and chilled. the room overlooked the lake and the attention to detail was amazing a little Roberts radio, lovely tweed cushions and throws and massive comfy bed , Dinner was great it was bust but we were never left unattended. the food was hot and tasty , we sat in the lounge with our cheese board and just spent quality time together. i've re booked for May x

Room tip: they all looked well located to me
Reviewed 3 April 2018

as a church the Hotel very generously provided us with a special meal in the Cheyne Room to celebrate a Christian-Passover\Seder Meal on Maundy Thursday evening. The staff who looked after us were incredibly helpful and attentive and nothing was too much bother and the meal was absolutely delicious. A great occasion.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We chose to go to Latimer Estate after seeing it on Wowcher. We went for two nights to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.it was a bit convoluted to book as I could only book one night with Wowcher so I had to buy a second night and gift it to my partner, but that's another story.

After eventually arriving (because I don't know how to work the Sat Nav!) first impressions of our "superior" room was disappointing as it compared at best to a Travel Lodge room. We were situated in the new part of the hotel and when asked if we would like a ground floor room or on the first floor, we asked for a first floor room and got a ground floor room having to listen to kids running the hallways.

Anyhoo, at least we had the 3 course dinner and breakfast to look forward to. Or not, as it turned out.

Booked dinner for 7pm and while my sirloin steak was very well cooked, my partners Ribeye steak (£26) was more fat and gristle than meat. It was sent back and then it appeared that we were being avoided with no explanation or apology.

On waking too late for breakfast we decided to go for a walk around Latimer which is a lovely place, even in the drizzle. We went for lunch to a pub just up the road which was actually going to be the best meal we had that day.

On returning to the hotel, we made use of the pool facilities and sauna which were very good.

We went to dinner at 7.30 and as with the previous evening the starters went off without a hitch but sadly, the mains were spoiled somewhat with my partner being served undercooked scallops. That went back to the kitchen and we were ignored again with just a passing offer of dessert. We retired, disappointed and hungry looking forward to breakfast before we left.

When reading the blurb in the room, breakfast on a Saturday finishes at 11am. We arrived at 10.30 to be not greeted at all. to be told when asking if there was any bacon "There ain't any", that was the end of getting any bacon. We had the last of the beans, the sausage, the last tomato and hash brown. .By10.45 the whole of the breakfast had been cleared away. In the meantime we had to work out the Crystal Maze of trying to find the fruit juice. We asked a fellow diner about tea and coffee and they were as dazed and confused as we were. The staff were far more interested at clearing up than service for the guests.

On balance as this is a negative review the staff on reception were very friendly and helpful.

Would You Stay Here Again?
No. Not even on a Wowcher.

6  Thank Wilfer

Dear Wilfer,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit and I am sorry to learn that your dining experience was not in line with your expectations. As I am sure you are aware, this is not the usual standard of food and service we would wish to offer and I am very sorry your expectations were not met at this time. Without doubt, it is clear that greater attention should have been paid to you throughout your visit in terms of the service. Please be assured I have discussed your feedback in detail with both the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef, both of whom would like to be associated with this apology. Both have committed to reviewing service standards with their respective teams in order to ensure that similar feedback is not received in the future. I do hope that you will reconsider your decision to return to visit us in the future when you can be assured of a very warm welcome and experience the quality and standards associated with our property. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly.
With kind regards