Reviews (8 535)
4 210
2 745
4 210
2 745
All reviews beer garden mojito bar a la carte restaurants seafood thomas cook lobby bar ice cream parlour the grill great holiday la gondola premium section superior room dolphin trip prawns two weeks island paradise golf buggy
226 - 231 of 8 535 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is a bit of a belated review but I went there with my partner and 3 children in December.
we did have an amazing time like many others we looked at the bad reviews even phoned up Thomas Cook to see if they could do anything, if they could reassure us but we just went with the flow we travel around quite a lot so I used two different places and different cultures, but I have to say that coming here definitely ticked all the boxes the staff were absolutely, we had no problems with the food whatsoever the guys and girls at the pool bar were really friendly and great to be around , yes you do get a few rowdy people but they are also on holiday everyone is different. the beach is truly stunning loads of fish especially if you grab a banana or muffin at breakfast and take it out with you when you snorkel they will go crazy for it.
the grounds of the hotel are immaculate the gardener's truly do an amazing job needless to say we have booked a return again this December.
we all cannot wait for another truly amazing family holiday
there are people which moan about the food we had no problems, people say they use the same tongs for the steak for the chicken for the sausages etc but they have never obviously had a barbecue at home, how many people when you have a barbecue use a different utensils for everything that you cook nobody so please go enjoy and I'm sure you will return

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Lee R
Reviewed 27 June 2018

These year by recommendation of my friend (he went 4 years ago) I went to" Hotel Playa Pesquero" with my family and I come back frustrated , the service is bad, the food in the buffet you have to make lines for the meat, the chicken is not well cooked, the beans are half-cooked, the pumpkin was not well cooked, the service staff is not enough for so many guests, the reception when we arrived they were very slow and we finished the check in process very late and when we arrived at the rooms( five rooms) they had not made the keys for one of the room, finally we went to the pool and the place of the towels was closed (lost my first day) Then I got a wheelchair for my mom because the distances are long, the second day the wheelchair welding is detached and my Mom finished on the floor, fortunately I was at her side and wheelchair was stopped I could prevent harm, when I separated the place where she supports the feet, the chair went off on one side and I help her to slide slowly. In the room I took a video of a cockroach walking but I could not upload it, I posted some photos of cockroach . I am very sorry that these things happen, because it was the only way I could give my family pleasure, mainly to my mother, but as long as the conditions do not exist, I do not recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank AnaM1552
José Luis P, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Pesquero Resort, Suite & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Greetings from Playa Pesquero,

We would like to apologize if your stay in our hotel was not as satisfactory as you were expecting. We appreciate your review and we really sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced. We will analyze your remarks with our staff and we will take the necessary steps to eliminate the problems. Please give us another opportunity to provide to you a better service.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I don't really know where to start with this review. We booked it back in January (me and my girlfriend) and thomas cook sold us it very well, it was a quick decision there and then in the shop. After we returned from the booking we started looking at photos and reviews like you do, some of the reviews on here?? i don't know where these people have been staying but it can't of been this hotel.

Arrival.
On arrival we were the first bus, so check in was quick and easy. However we saw tons of reviews about check in being slow. I will admit the staff didn't rush, but we soon realised that cuban people have their own pace (Steady) Literally nobody rushes, which isnt a bad thing at all because everything is done correctly the first time. After check in we got our bags and walked over to the front of the lobby where there was a cart waiting, he lifted our bags on and took us to our room, lifted them off opened the door and placed them inside.

Rooms.
Immaculate, very tidy. Yes they are dated, i won't lie but what people need to remember is this is CUBA not DUBAI lol. the showers were good, fridge worked well (stocked every day if you drink anything out of it free of charge!) There is a safe, decent size and very secure. The cleaners were amazing too!

Grounds.
The grounds id say were probably the best part, they're kept incredibly well and there are people working round the clock to ensure that it stays perfect.

Pool.
We read many reviews about the pool, mostly bad. In my opinion the pool was clean, there was nothing floating round first thing before people had trailed stuff in, there were the off bits of green on the tiles but with the size of the pool it really isn't concerning. The swim up bar is probably the best thing if you like a drink.

Beach.
The beach didn't seem real when we first walked down, it was stunning. We spent a lot of time down there. There are waiters walking up and down getting you drinks all day, the sea was a nice temperature and the activities to do were almost endless. From volleyball (also available in the pool) to paddle boarding and sailing on a catamaran! Plenty to do and incredibly friendly staff.

Restaurants.
Again we were a little nervous about the food, the main buffet one was great. there was a vast range of food to choose from roast pork to fresh cooked shrimps. Little tip - if you stick to eating stuff you know you're going to like or are used to eating you will be fine. we read a lot of reviews about the food making people ill, with us or anyone we met staying there this was never a problem.

The Chicken place, Great place to eat in a nutshell its fried or roast chicken with chips and salad. Very tasty chicken.

The beer garden, Probably my favourite place to eat. Its like tapas sizes but if you order few its not hard to get full fast, very very nice food. (Also open 24hours a day)

A la carte restaurants:

Italian: very nice food, Aircon, Very quick service but there is a dress code. For men its literally any long trouser you like, as long as your legs are covered they don't care. they don't care about footwear just don't wear something like flip flops. For women there isn really anything other than no swimwear.

Romantica: very similar review to the Italian! quick service, amazing food and same dress code.

Caribbean: We didn't actually eat here but we did ask, the dress code isn't as strict and I'm pretty sure you can wear shorts.

seafood: same as caribbean.

Staff.
The staff are brilliant, wether you tip them or not the will give you everything they can. They don't make it obvious they're wanting tips, but just from the bus journey to the hotel you can see how little the civilians of cuba have. We did tip, not crazy amounts but just as a thank you for the amazing service.

Other.
Wifi, there is wifi in the lobby, round the pool, beer garden and the beach. to be honest its a lot better than we expected and on the other hand we were glad it wasnt everywhere because its good to stay off your phone!

Entertainment:
Again a lot of reviews about the entertainment, on a night we mainly just went up to the lobby and had some drinks with people we had met. We did catch a few shows and to be honest they were bloody good, there was always something for kids on first too. Theres not a lot to do outside the hotel at night, there is a market open till late and a carnival there every wednesday. There is also a bowling alley at the market too.

Excursions.
Theres plenty to do, you won't be bored. From swimming with dolphins (recommend!) to getting in an old car and visiting local towns or even just a long walk down the beach.
Theres too much to do to type.

Im trying to be as honest as i can without dragging it all out, all in all, we were very worried when we came on here and read them so i wanted to let people know its a brilliant hotel. We will 100% be back next year. But PLEASE REMEMBER its 5*cuba not 5*Europe and if you visit you will realise.

Fantastic hotel can't wait to return! Do not hesitate, we are a young couple and we didn't get bored and there were older couples we spoke to who did not get bored. it caters for every need.

If your looking for an affordable caribbean holiday, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
27  Thank 492olliep
José Luis P, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Pesquero Resort, Suite & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Greetings from Playa Pesquero,

We would like to thank you for your review, it was lovely and very thorough. We are happy to know that you’ve had a very nice stay with us at Playa Pesquero. We are sure every future client will thank you for all your tips. Thank you for the ton of praises you give us, we are trully delighted. Thank you for sharing with the world and we will be very pleased when you return once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This is by far the best hotel in Cuba!!
We have visited this hotel before and decided to return to get married. We visited as a family of 7 and there was no complaints at all across the board.
From the reception staff to the bellboys everyone is so friendly plenty to do and something for everyone.

The heat is exhausting but if you can learn to live with this then it’s by far the best holiday.
Food is amazing, there are 5 a la Cart restaurants but also you are able to pay locally if you would like a specialised meal I.e breakfast on the beach which is 10pesos (approx £6.00!) well worth it!
Drinks drinks drinks - again you have everything!! Alcoholic coffee bar we tended to have iced chocolates as these were lovely and cooled you down.

Last time we visited the entertainment was something to be desired however we revisited this with an open mind and it was amazing! Improved 100%!!

I will 100% be returning to playa pesquero and I very much doubt any holiday would ever beat this one!

Thankyou Playa Pesquero! :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank siannie89

Greetings from Playa Pesquero:

Thank you very much for your five points and for reviewing here. It is amazing to hear you love us so much you decided to make us your wedding destination. Thank you for all your praises to our staff and services. Good to know that you liked our entertainment activities. We hope to see you again soon and bring some more friends.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is our 8th time vacationing in Cuba, by far this was our best choice. We found this resort to be very accommodating to our needs.
The resort is beautiful and well maintained. The entire staff, gardeners and management were superior and work very hard after spending 6 days a week on their feet and still maintain a smile.
We did not choose to upgrade to premium because we were very pleased with our room and services. We had gone over to the premium side to check it out . Please note you can only visit if you are escorted . Premium in our oppinion is expensive for our taste and is further away from the main hotel activities. It is good for couples who want seclusion and a extreme quite atmosphere. We like too see people and fun activity so that we won't become bored.
We agree with other great reviews from travelers, so we don't have to repeat the same comments on Playa Pesquero.. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, Vacations can't always be perfect, but if you choose this resort, you will not be disappointed.
The only negative comment we will make is that the management should check out the pool, even though it is chlorinated each night, there is algae growth along some of the walls and pilars separating the shallow parts. In some reviews others have mentioned that too.. with the tiles t being scrubbed and corrected in the near future that would be outstanding. Thank you for the most memorable vacation we have had!

Stayed: June 2018
4  Thank rumpunchvacations
José Luis P, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Pesquero Resort, Suite & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Greetings from Playa Pesquero Holguín:

We really appreciate your 5 points rating and for your lovely words. It is true that we do not disappoint and we try always to do our best. Thank you for mention our gardeners, they work very hard. It is a shame you did not try the Premium, it is a great choice and if you want to try it one day, do not hesitate to ask through our facebook page. We will take note of your suggestion and we will talk it with our people. See you around any time soon, thank you for sharing your experience with the world and bring a friend next time.

Best Regards,