All reviews stayed here the wi fi pueblo ingles balconies village hand
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We chose this location for its location en route to the Madrid airport. It was convenient and on the way. Kinda disappointed but not alot to chose from in this town. The room smelled like smoke and we were bummed that breakfast was not included. The breakfast buffet was super limited but they did make us eggs after we asked for them. Given the place is in the middle of nowhere, we would have expected a little better value. That said, the town is amazing and worth the stop.

Room tip: Ask for smoke free room if they even have one.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennjsa
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We decided to visit La Alberca and repeat my previous stay in Doña Teresa. La Alberca really is worth a one or two night visit - it is a very well preserved medieval town with interesting things to do and lovely walks in the area.
The hotel is ideally situated just a 2 minute walk into the village but on the outskirts so you avoid driving through the tiny cobbled streets. There is a car park which is underground and I had no trouble navigating - but judging from the dents in the walls quite a few people had struggled with this, my car is small so if you have a larger car it may prove difficult to park.
We just had breakfast and this was a help yourself buffet which was good for the price.
The room was large, comfortable with a lovely en suite, a balcony with gorgeous views of the village and everything was clean and in good order.
The staff are lovely, little English is spoken as this is 'real Spain' and most of the clients are Spanish - don't let this put you off - we were made very welcome.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I stayed here whilst attending 'Pueblo Espanol'. La Alberca is a small quaint village and Dona Teresa is a stones throw from the main streets and square. It is traditional and quiet. Rooms are spotless and very comfortable with a charming little balcony.
The staff are all very friendly. The breakfast is a serve yourself buffet with plenty of choice.
We had lunch and evening meal there and we all ended up putting on weight after a week here. There was a fair choice of food but if you were vegetarian you would really struggle here - not so bad if, like me, you eat fish. The food was 'homely' and a bit hit and miss - but all freshly cooked.
If you are looking for a taste of the real Spain this is it.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Doña Teresa is a very nice hotel located close to a charming village. We were here for a conference. The meeting rooms are excellent and the food is very good. There is even a discotheque and bar underneath the hotel. The picturesque village of La Alberca is a 10 minute stroll away. We have stayed here before and have always enjoyed it.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I stayed in this hotel while volunteering for Pueblo Ingles. I had a very nice good sized room with a sitting area and garden. There were two negatives. The safe did not work. I told reception but nothing was done and though I asked to be able to use the hotel safe this option was not given to me. The wi-fi throughout the hotel varies from poor to non-existent. Otherwise all fine.

Date of stay: July 2016