Riebeek Valley Hotel
Merindol Manor(Riebeek-West)
Dennehof House(Riebeek-West)
Ruby Rose(Riebeek-West)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsriebeek valleyenjoyed our staystaff were very friendlyindoor poolold world charmhoneymoon suiteat homecity lifewonderful experiencecharming hotelold styledelicious foodexcellent value for moneya lovely stayfresh fruitget awayhis team
Reviewed 15 January 2018

A quaint old setting with historical pieces spread all around the hotel. Comfortable, clean rooms and very friendly, helpful staff. The full house omelette for breakfast is highly recommended, as it was one of the best we have ever had!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Johan K, Manager at Riebeek Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

You are most welcome, thank you for a beautiful review. Part of RVH Family. Johan

Reviewed 10 January 2018

When I went to pay my bill I was expecting to pay R730 for 2 Persons for 1 night but I got a bill for R980.00 with no extras I queried this and was told when I booked online I said 2 persons then they said I ticked 1 person.I sent them an email asking if R730.00 was for 2 persons they said yes, so that what Im complaining about , the curtains were torn the toilet seat was peeling

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Johan K, Manager at Riebeek Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Keith

Your review (in aspect of price paid) is a bit unfair.

Please refer to our rates on our website. Our electronic platform updates internally and on-line to all other different platforms from the same default set-up.

(Our prices WENT UP in January with 10%. But herewith the OLD RATES when you stayed with us:)

WEEK END RATES 2017

Standard 500.00 | 750.00

GROUP RATES 2017

SINGLE | SHARING
500.00 | 900.00

IN (your own) ERROR you booked on-line a single room (staying during the week) which was Classic Suite 3, (BUT you were 2 people sharing) so your CORRECT RATE should have been R980 sharing irrespective of level room you stayed in.

I have checked with Reception (Ray Jo) and she DID explained all this to you at front when you paid your bill.

(To make a fuss about this now, is a bit unfair, also considering the fact that you enjoyed a very huge WEEK DAY SPECIAL discount from R1450 to the actual R980 you paid for the room).

About the "torn curtain and toilet seat was peeling" Your remarks absolutely correct: (but needs further explaining)

1. Torn curtain: I have a housekeeping manager checking all rooms and on inspection with her she admits she has not yet addressed this. The curtain is 4meters x 10meters and at the one end slightly ruffled. We will take the curtain down and correct. Thank you for your feedback. Granted.

2. Toilet seat peeling: The hotel was built in 1903 and has finishes dated 1910's, 20's, 30's 50's 70's and so on. This particular toilet is a 60's classic and current retail generic toilet seats available not a fit. The option for us is to either keep the toilet in entirety or replace it with a modern styled unit. I have now again inspected the peeling on the toilet seat, and my own opinion that it is better for us to be in error of just leaving it as it is, than spoil the bathroom styling for the sake of the slight 'peeling'. The peeling is not at a place on the toilet seat where it is uncomfortable for any physical factors.

AFTER ALL THIS: Here my invite to you: Come back for another stay, where you can stay 2 people sharing FOR THE PRICE OF ONE.

Blessings.
Johan

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We stayed here for a few days after xmas for a friends wedding and there was alarge group of us. We really enjoyed our stay.
Food is lovely and plentiful, good bar service.
Hosts helped us with organising a braai for new years eve which was lovel.
Rooms are nice and decorated well.
Our kids loved the outside natural pool as well as the inside pool.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your beautiful review. We loved your group. You are always welcome. Part of RVH Family. Johan

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Hi, Venue is really is very nice. Stuff service was very good expect for management service. I was attacked by another bride on my wedding night at 2:30am. Didn't appreciate that management allowed the other to come into my room while i'm sleeping due to an error made on the management side. Management was in the room and left the room for a long period while the other bride assaulted us and harassing us. Didn't feel safe after that being in the hotel and management force us to stay our extra night cause his not gonna refund our money due to a mistake he made.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Candice. I am surprised by your review and I am going to explain in detail:

1. “Didn't appreciate that management allowed the other to come into my room”

My response: Highly irate bride storming aggressively into your room (a room that was booked in her name, not yours) Very unfortunate YES, but not by my own design.

2. “Management was in the room and left the room for a long period while the other bride assaulted us and harassing us”.

My response: Candice, I went to Reception for 2 minutes to call local SAPS to assist in controlling the situation.

3. “Didn't feel safe after that being in the hotel and management force us to stay our extra night cause his not (going to) refund our money due to a mistake he made”.

My response: I cannot force anyone to do anything, (general rule in life) in context of a very meaningful discussion afterwards between me and you as a couple I requested that you put this unfortunate moment of the night behind you and stay and try build good further memories, in which you agreed. NO FORCE, but mutual decision amongst us. (If your feedback now with this review that I misread your reactions, I understand).

You ARE RIGHT in one aspect. I said:

a. (in probability) I will not be able to get permission from the owners for a room refund for you, since you were booked (8 rooms) already in the hotel (your party in different stages of after-party in different rooms and

b. YOU the person requesting to stay in a room (which was not booked in your name, but allowed by us (because as you left for your wedding reception you mentioned having a lot of stuff of yourself and bridesmaids and will be much effort to move into the next room booked for you the night after your reception) and not move to the room that was booked for you.

c. If you step a bit back and analyze objectively your request of staying in a room you did not book for the next night, the point that sparked the whole debacle (action – reaction).

You graciously stayed, albeit upset and worried the other party will come back, but to all my knowledge and interpretation enjoyed the following two days of your visit with all the aspects of service, food and entertainment intact.

As you departed there was mutual compliments from my side to you, and your side to us.

As it stands now, I am still personally sad about what happened that night, and understand you also going through integration especially as this happened directly after your wedding reception.

Blessings
Johan

Reviewed 7 January 2018

A wonderful stay for sadly, only one night Midweek which was a bonus as the hotel was quiet. Booked Room 1 (Antique) and was really surprised at how big and airy it was.Room was spotlessly clean. Bonus our own Balcony to enjoy in the evenings. Air con a real blessing as we were there during a heatwave.
A big thank you to Johan and staff. Made us feel very welcome and nothing was a problem.
Natural swimming pool was wonderful but perhaps not as sparkling as it could be. Indoor pool refreshingly cool.
Don't expect a prestine modern Hotel as it is old and very quirky which we loved. A real home away from home.
Appreciated the gardens that have endured the worst drought in a long time.
Breakfast was one of the best I have had. Well done to all the staff.
A wonderful break from the City with lots of wine and olive tasting in the area and a mere hour and a half drive from Cape Town.
Lots of stairs to navigate so chose your room carefully if you are physically challenged.

Room Tip: Room 1. Upstairs on corner so wrap around windows and outside Balcony. Very large
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Johan K, Manager at Riebeek Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Sharon. Thank you so much for a beautiful review. Always welcome! RVH Family. Johan.