All reviews oulton park puff pastry beer garden the pub steak pie a comfortable nights sleep whilst attending a wedding min drive full english booked a table great place to stay lovely meal each morning english breakfast road noise relaxing stay on arrival
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We always stay here when Racing at Oulton Park, we found The Alvanley Alms about 4 years ago, and for us it is home away from home, great service, great food, friendly welcome from the owner's, They will have breakfast on the table first thing when we have to be at the track early, and have even brought breakfast sandwiches to the Paddock when we have had to leave very early for qualifying.
Showers always hot and powerful, with fluffy towels, and they always get us sat down for food when we get back late, however busy they are.

Room tip: Rooms at the front overlook the road but have fields with cows beyond.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2018

When I booked a double room at the Alvanley Arms for my fiance and I I was expecting nothing more than a place to sleep after a friend's wedding for a reasonable price; it was so much more than that!
As we pulled up in the car park we immediately saw the beautiful lake behind the inn, and the horses and ducks surrounding it; when we went inside we were greeted by a lovely lady who gave us our key an d demonstrated how to get in should we stay out past the inn's closing time. She very helpfully gave us taxi phone numbers and directions to other amenities when we asked for them, and informed us of the breakfast times.
Because we arrived before the official check-in time we did not see our room before the wedding, but when we returned (ready for bed!) we were not disappointed. We stayed in the 'Ardennes' room, which was towards the back of the building, over looking trees and fields, and there were lovely beams on the ceiling and a good-sized bathroom. The bed was very comfy too, and we had a good night's rest!
The next day there was a continental breakfast available and we were then asked which items we would like for our English Breakfast. It was delicious! We're already looking at when we can return to this lovely inn!

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Booked table for 2pm. On arrival told we would have to wait a little while. Sat down 2.50 and meal eventually came at 3.25. Fair enough it was very very busy but we did reserved a table. My wifes potatoes were uncooked and my lamb was sadly full of fat with little meat.The red headed Gentleman behind the bar was really nice and very apologetic for something that wasn't his fault but sadly the Manager did not come to us. This was our 5th time at the Alvanley. It was extremely busy as I said but perhaps some people should have been turned away. We will go back as I feel this was a one off as normally the food is excellent. We should not have been charged.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is a lovely, friendly, comfortable pub, We were booked for two nights to attend a wedding and the first night was great, but we woke up to find there was no water. There had been a burst main just up the road and the whole village was out. There was the prospect that they would have to close and we couldn't risk coming back from the wedding to find the door locked. They could not have been more helpful, friendly and professional, helping us find an alternative accommodation. I would happily go back there. We didn't have a meal, but the beer was excellent!

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back as it fronts onto a road that can be busy.
Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

On a whistle-stop week's visit to England, it was a delight to stay at the Alvanley Arms Inn, in the beauty of the Cheshire countryside, just outside the town of Tarporley, in northern England. I arrived somewhat exhausted having traveled through the night from the U.S...to encounter problems with my cell phone...and beleaguered by numerous errands. The owners, Harry and his wife, Julie, were most welcoming and helpful. Harry kindly took me to a store to see about my phone, and Julie kindly offered me a glass of wine to de-stress! And their bartender, James, spent considerable time trying to figure out why my phone was malfunctioning.

All in all, the owners and their team were exemplary in their care and attention. I was out each evening for dinner, so cannot comment on that menu - but I enjoyed an excellent breakfast each morning. Accommodations are spotless, clean, and most comfortable. Even on the road side of the Inn, my room was most quiet and welcoming.

Date of stay: March 2018