Lowest prices for your stay
US$993
View deal
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
eDreamsUS$988
Booking.comUS$988
Agoda.comUS$993
All reviews game reserve mark's camp lentaba lodge marks camp safari experience wonderful experience other guests south africa first class watering hole three nights wild animals his knowledge attention to detail two days food was amazing out of this world
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2020

We stayed in Marks Camp. It is a child friendly lodge. Everything was beautiful from the room/cottage to the common areas. The food and service was amazing. We went for our game rides with Peter. He was great and funny and made us all who were initially nervous very relaxed.
We really enjoyed our time there. The only suggestion is to make it possible pay for the souvenirs in the lodge and not only as you enter game reserve. I desperately wanted to buy some Nimji dolls that I have seen in my room, but they were not able to take card payment at the lodge.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank DanieleLondon
LalibelaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Lalibela Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear Daniele

Thank you for taking the time to review Lalibela Game Reserve. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We will pass on your kind words to Peter, the chef and the rest of the team at Mark's Camp. Thank you for your valued feedback, we will forward your suggestion to the relevant department.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

Before going into detail for readers, I just want to say a massive thank you to all the lovely staff at Lentaba Lodge at the Lalibela Game Reserve. A extraordinary standard of service with warmth, kindness and enthusiasm from the moment we arrived. We will never forget. THANK YOU!

So, put simply, you won’t be disappointed with your stay at Lalibela. My family and I stayed at the Lentaba Lodge for 3 nigh and had the time of our lives. The perfect mix of activity and relaxation in unbelievable surroundings.

From the the moment we arrived at the entrance gates we felt such an open and welcoming atmosphere. This was extended to our game drives with the incredible Teacha. An amazing understanding of the animals, flora and the history of the park made sure we all left the reserve with a wealth of new knowledge. Not to mention his driving skills and the fact he has the eyes of a hawk! Teacha showed incredible patience when we wanted to take photos and made sure that we found time for all of the animals. Stand out moment were with the gears of 20 elephants and watching a lion drag stroll casually down the path right in front of us!

Back at the lodge I want to say a big thank you to Thembaletu and MZ. They made sure our glasses were never empty and I made us feel soar ease throughout our stay. To those in the kitchen and the behind the scenes, I salute you! My gift field is pescatarian and they made sure her needs were catered for each day. Every meal was so special. I will be scouring the shelves for kudo when I get back to London. Don’t imagine I’ll have much luck though...

For anyone looking for an authentic safari experience made possible by friendly staff and true experts in the field of animal conservation I cannot recommend Lalibela enough. Comfort, service and warmth in abundance. Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with family
LalibelaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Lalibela Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear Jonny

Thank you for your fantastic review of Lalibela Game Reserve. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Lentaba Lodge. Ticha is a wonderful guide and has been part of the Lalibela family for several years. He has a lot of knowledge about the plants and animals found on Lalibela and he loves sharing his knowledge with his guests. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to Thembalethu and MZ as well as our executive chef who oversees the kitchen. At Lalibela we will always go out of our way to accommodate guests with dietary requirements. We hope that you manage to find kudu in London. If you don't find any, you will have to come back and visit us again! :) Thank you for your recommendation. We appreciate it greatly.

Reviewed 22 February 2020

We loved our stay in Lalibela. We stayed in the Lentaba Safari Lodge.

We found the staff friendly, attentive and relaxed. We saw 4 out of the big five and learned loads about the animals.

We ate so much! the food was really nice and there was so much of it

Date of stay: November 2019
LalibelaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Lalibela Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Dear Ciara

Thank you for taking the time to review Lalibela Game Reserve. We are so pleased to hear you managed to see four of the Big Five. Our qualified rangers have so much knowledge of all the animals that they love to share with all our guests. We will pass on your kind words to the chef. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 20 February 2020

My wife and I recently spent a couple of days at the tree top lodge in Lalibela and we could not recommend it enough. The lodge was amazing set at tree top level over looking a water hole. The food was excellent and the staff could not have done more for us. Our ranger Peter was brilliant, highly knowledgeable and friendly. He did his utmost to ensure we saw all the animals we wanted to see. His knowledge on all the wildlife and plants really impressed us. Thanks to Peter and all the staff for a truly unforgettable experience.
Regards Regard, Keith and Aoife

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Regard, Keith and Aoife

Thank you for your lovely review. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at Tree Tops. Tree Tops is such a special lodge. It is our smallest lodge which means it is lovey and intimate. The tented suites allow you to experience nature at a whole different level. We will pass on your kind words to Peter. He will be so happy to know that you enjoyed the game drives with him. Our chef will also be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all the delicious food on offer.

Reviewed 18 February 2020

We stayed in a waterhole view room and it was absolute luxury, with our own plunge pool .
The staff were amazing and couldn’t do enough for you, and our ranger Roen ( sorry if Iv spelt it wrong) was wonderful, so knowledgeable.
The food and service was 5 star , I was worried before I visited that it would be a bit snobby, but it wasn’t , it was luxurious but with a wonderful feeling that you were part of the family . I really can’t find the words to say how much I enjoyed my 3 nights at the Kinchaka lodge .....do not hesitate to stay here , I hope I get the opportunity to visit again

Room tip: I waterhole view is wonderful

Dear Daniel

Thank you for taking the time to review Kichaka Lodge on Lalibela Game Reserve. The water facing suites are simply amazing! You are able to watch the animals that come to the water hole for a drink right from your own private viewing deck. The private plunge pools are an added luxury which means you can relax around your own swimming pool. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to welcome you back one day.