See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you stop and make a fuel purchase with a card be sure to check the amount on the device and the paper receipt. Very slick young lady (used advisedly) is supplementing her stay in the country. She states the amount at the pump but increses the amount you are charged. No not a casual mistake it was too well done. Yes I should have checked but only did so later when I had glasses. I was unable to return given how far I had to travel. Buyer beware.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank JStranack
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night as all other options were unavailable.
The room was dirty, the shower curtain mouldy, the shower drain was not connected, the carpet threadbare and the lights covered in dead bugs.
To top it off, a tap dripped all night in the adjacent room. And all this for $125. Avoid!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alexandra T
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stopped here for lunch and sat in the very pleasant open air dining area. The steak burgers were delicious - the steak just melted in your mouth! Service was great - very friendly, and fast too. A very welcome oasis on the road to Lawn Hill.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tadpole716
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stopped at the Gregory Downs pub on route from the Gulf Country back to Birdsville.
Not a big town, you can drive down the main street and all you see is the pub and a van park. The pub is a bit stereotypical outback, lots of female back packers in the work force, no one in the bar at lunch time, the menu looked pretty good but we did not eat.
This place comes alive and I am told ALIVE twice a year. During the Labour day weekend, the North West Canoe Club hold the Annual Gregory River Canoe Race and last year 250 participants took part.
At the end of April each year the Gregory Downs Jocket Club hosts theur day in tyhe sun with a round of horse racing. I was told, (I belive) they have kids sack races as well as the Gi Gi's. I was furtjer told, once again I bel.ive, that this race meet is one of the last Bush Race meetings to be still affiliated with Queensland racing.
Hey Folks, go to Gregory Downs.

Room Tip: check your calendar against local events
Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wally H
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Some of the reviews here and what you might hear along the way don't do just to Gregory.
Firstly our accommodation in the big guest house to the left of the pub was fine. Tea/coffee and brekkie facilities, 2 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms.
Didn't stay in the motel rooms but heard they were fine too.
I wouldn't reccomend leaving too many lights on thou during the wet season as there'll be more bugs in your room rather than outside.
Pub doesn't have kegs but there is a fair variety of stubbies and you can buy takeaways. Very generous servings and especially considering the remoteness, a good variety of meals.
I can understand some people's comments regarding the publican but hear me out, she was a terrific host for us.
Managing the hotel out here for near on 30 years would get the better of most people. Trust me she's got plenty of stories to tell.
The river camping area is definitely worth a visit (and besides Lawn Hill) probably the only reason why tourists would be stopping by which is a bit unfair to Gregory.
There are plans in the pipeline to expand the outdoor dining part of the pub and also a function room so give Gregory a chance and you'll be suprised

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business