All reviews private beach sea view pros clock clubs taxi loft noise pillows music balcony amenities towels constanta romania
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Don't look any further: this is the best and newest on the coast. Our room on 8th floor was stylish and clean and had direct ocean view, plus we could watch all the nonsense boom boom at the night clubs. At the beginning it was fun, but after 3am it stopped being cool, we were desperate to get some sleep and the music didn't stop until after 6am...every night, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...i don't even want to know how it must have been in the weekend. But I guess the whole purpose of the hotel is to actually not be in the room during the night. Surely not for families.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachloverPrinceton
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Is the kind of mix that makes me regret decisions I make. Hotel is awesome, chic, modern and clean, but employees need to learn manners. Amenities like in the +5 stars hotels, but staff like nowhere! Very rude and unhelpful. Not that they don't wear any uniforms, and their look is unpleasant, but they also have no idea how to make a guest feel welcome. Sky Bar was closed during weekend so we didn't have the chance to see it, but we heard that is very nice, but small. Parking was ok. Wouldn't come back. Customer service is zero!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a direct sea view. Most of them are facing the building next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The front desk staff it's extremely undertrained and rude. Hotel overall it's new, clean and it has a lovely sea view. However we found the shower gel and body lotion already open when we checked in. No iron. No extra pillows. Very good breakfast though.
Leave the towels at home, because they offer a bag with towels that you can use at the beach.
Because it's newly open, the hotel staff needs a good customer service training.
It's an 8/10 hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Corina I
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I will share what I wished I had known when booking Hotel Opera in Mamaia:

Good
Excellent breakfast
Clean hotel
Clean, comfortable rooms
Excellent beach access/private beach with seating/umbrellas

Not so good
Parking is ridiculous, the lot is very small, the barrier was down when we arrived with no attendant to direct us, and we ended up parking across the street at a building under construction.
They have many rooms with terraces facing the sea, this is what I expected from the description and pictures. I booked a deluxe double room with terrace and sea view. My room faced a building under construction (picture below). I went down to ask and was told all rooms have sea views. It is true, if out on the balcony and you look right you see the beach between the buildings. The room should have been described as having a partial sea view. I would have paid more to get a room facing the sea but was told the hotel was fully booked. Really disappointing.. I looked at their website again and I have no idea how to choose a room with a true full sea view. I paid EUR 180 per night.
The bottle of body wash attached to the wall in the shower is empty, I left a RON 100 tip for housekeeping and when I returned to the room in the afternoon, it is still empty. Housekeeping also did not leave an additional shampoo/conditioner.
There are only two pillows in the bed and no extra in the closet, also no extra blanket. I know I could ask for more and they would be delivered, I just wish they were here already.
No iron or ironing board, somewhat normal in Europe.

I recently moved to Bucharest and this was my first time in Mamaia. I will probably try another hotel next time as this was one of the most expensive and while I don't mind paying, perhaps some of the others are just as good even though they are not as new?

It is a nice hotel, but be prepared for the parking and the view possibility.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AdamU60
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This is the best place to stay in Constanta, the hotel is brand new 2017. This hotel is great for couples.

Pros:
- Great view especially if your sea view.
- Don't miss the breakfast, I agree its small but tasty. I loved their croissants.
- Pool service for guests.
- Friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends