18 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$609
Trip.comUS$603
TravelocityUS$609
Reviews (1 097)
1 097 results
All reviews trellis bay pig roast virgin gorda casual restaurant washer dryer plunge pool north side ferry ride jost van dyke private beach turn down service boat charter water taxi water trampoline free ferry our honeymoon beautiful property
Selected filters
68 - 73 of 1 097 reviews
Reviewed 18 July 2019

We have been lucky enough to visit Scrub Island many time over the years. Slept on the boat at the marina a few times and rented a room a few times. Either way is wonderful! The people that work here actually make this place 5 stars.
Our latest visit was 6/24-26. We love visiting with Kimberly at the inside bar and Eddy at the swim up bar. I wish I remembered the guys name at the towel hut. Very nice!
It was our 40th anniversary and they left champagne in our room. We hiked on a great trail around the entire island twice. We didn't use the beach toys that are complimentary because we had just ended a 7 day charter on a sailboat. The pool felt so wonderful just to sit and be waited on. We are coming back again in October to sail for 3 weeks. Starting our vacation on Scrub Island will be perfect and we will come back a few times through out our stay for pampering. Can't wait!!!

Room tip: All the rooms have great views!
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ScrubIslandGM, General Manager at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2019

Dear Lcrich56,

Thank you choosing Scrub Island for your recent post charter stay in the British Virgin Islands. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful 40th anniversary stay with us.

Indeed, our private island resort is the perfect place to explore the natural beauty of the BVI, then relax in our pool with a cold drink to cool off. Our staff will be pleased to read your kind comments.

We look forwards to welcoming you back for your next stay in October.

Reviewed 15 July 2019

We arrived the day after Christmas and i understand that they are still trying to rebuild after the hurricanes so the review can't be too harsh. This property is really for people who want to lay at the beach or pool and just relax. There isn't much else to do on the island so you have to book a boat outing or other excursions if you are like me and can only sit still for so long. You can walk the island very easily as there is a path that goes from the hotel to the other side of the beach or you can take one of their shuttles to ride over there, but it's only a short walk.

There seems to be a lot of boats that dock in their marina and stay overnight on the boats. While we were there there was only one restaurant at night to be open and a different one for breakfast/lunch so not much choices for restaurants. We had a great suite with a full kitchen, patio, dining room and living room. The suite was clean, huge and just what we needed as all our friends met here for gathering. I have no complaints with the room as it was as nice as it should of been even with the property still renovating from the hurricane.

The resort has a small store that they make pizzas or sandwiches for carry-out or there is a small grocery store too. They don't have a lot of groceries so we had to go into Tortola and go to the main grocery store to grab things for the week. It would be nice if they provided more alternatives and maybe night time entertainment or something since you sort of are stranded on the island at night time. I know people who think this is one of the most amazing places to stay and I know this isn't a resort but when they are the only thing on the island it can get sort of boring. So get ready to eat, drink, sleep and read a lot. But don't get me wrong as this place has amazing views and come for relaxation as that is what your are going to get. The front desk staff was mediocre and not very accommodating at times for our other friends who were also staying at the resort but we had no issues ourselves. The house cleaners were so cheerful and sweet so they were great.

Room tip: Get a room with a full kitchen
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank spicytravelasian

Dear spicytravelasian,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our spacious one-bedroom suites.

I was disappointed to read that you where underwhelmed by the variety of experiences you had during your stay, we will review with our concierge team who are always on hand to assist in planning your perfect vacation.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Scrub Island and help you plan your ideal BVI adventure.

Reviewed 14 July 2019

We had been looking at Scrub island for a long time and finally had the opportunity to go. The marina is great and the resort is pretty, but the food and service are TERRIBLE. We had high expectations(Four Season or Ritz) so some of it might be on us for having such high expectations-but this place is bad.

Justin & Tiffany Smith

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Happiness276931
ScrubIslandGM, Manager at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2019

Dear Justin & Tiffany Smith,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the food and service during your time on Scrub.

I would appreciate the chance to discuss this further with you, please contact me at smcardle@scrubisland.com at your convenience.

Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

We’ve been on a 51’ power cat for past 9 days. Docked at the marina last nite (and moored at nearby Marina Cay last week). Mgmt and staff could not have been nicer and more cooperative. Love the pool and hot tub (though the tub hasn’t been working for the past 10 days). Donovan’s restaurant is casual with a nice breeze IF you get a table outside the bar on the terrace. Table at the bar last nite was stifling, but the staff moved us out to the terrace as soon as a table opened up. Food was much better last nite than last week, and I’d go back for the meal. Our server was inexperienced, but tried extra hard. The $35. Corkage fee was a bit high but hey, we’re on vacay!
The facility has showers and a gym which we’ve not seen much of either on this trip, so very much appreciated—as well as the fresh towels they gave us. This is not the Ritz or a 5 star establishment just yet, but what in the BVIs is? I’d go back with or without a boat next time, and I’d look forward to it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ScrubIslandGM, General Manager at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Dear CEPhomer,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your overnight stay in Scrub Island Marina.

Indeed, our Donovan's Reef bar and grill with is unobstructed views over the Caribbean Sea, is the perfect place to enjoy a relax meal with friends.

We look forwards to welcoming you back on your next trip to the beautiful British Virgin Islands.

Reviewed 8 July 2019 via mobile

I really wanted to give this a 5 star review. There was a lot that was done really really well. The initial customer service was great. The location, accommodations, and amenities are beautiful. Unfortunately, there was too much that was not done well especially for a resort of this price. We waited over 30 mins for the ferry only to be told it was full and they’d come back for us. Fortunately, they let us on when I told them about our wait, but I shouldn’t have had to do that. We waited 45 mins for our first lunch at the restaurant. The drapes in our living room wouldn’t fully open or close. It impeded our view during the day and made sleeping difficult for our kids at night. It took about 4 phone calls for them to even send someone to look at it. The first night we asked for turn down service including putting sheets on the sleeper sofa for our kids to sleep. Again it took about 4 phone calls and 2 hours after the original quoted time for them to send someone out. It made for 2 over tired kids and 2 cranky parents.

Other instances of customer service were done well. The complimentary sunset cruise was a nice touch. The north beach is beautiful and the kids loved the pool there.

We really did enjoy our stay here. It just did not live up to Marriott standards.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RobinH803
ScrubIslandGM, General Manager at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2019

Dear RobinH803,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time on Scrub Island, despite the service challenges you faced.

I would like to apologise for the fundamental errors in service which prevented you enjoying a perfect vacation, our team will work to ensure that this remains an isolated incident moving forwards.

Notwithstanding these issues, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.