Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the cottages home away from home beautiful place tirthan valley great food the river every corner visit this place makes you feel your choice personal touch take care hot water trout look forward in house warm hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021

Speaking about this place is a pleasure, visiting this place was by chance and writing a review is my honor.

It is to let the public know that photos cannot do justice to this place. I have interacted with Dimple and Uppi all through out my day. Seeing the cottage and admiring the looks is one aspect but getting to know how these were built is a different ball game altogether.

It seems they both have put all their energy in getting these cottages, which are now one of the best in Tirthan Valley. The services offered by the staff is equally good especially the breakfast. Sorry Dimple and Uppi, but i am coming there next time especially for the breakfast :-)

Overall, it was my pleasure to interact with them and stay there for limited time unfortunately but with certainty i will be visiting them soon.

Date of stay: August 2021
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2021

Dear, dear Sandeep
Are we glad that you booked with us ! It’s been such a delightful experience to host you and know that you’re there for keeps now!
We are so very glad that you enjoyed being here and as we write this reply, super glad that you’ve been back couple of times already.
We appreciate the attention you paid to all the detailing and your questions about the place.
Thank you for taking out time to write such a detailed and lovely review.
You know that you have a home in Tirthan now, looking forward to having you here more often .
Love and hugs

Reviewed 5 September 2021

I always felt writing reviews were boring.. but then realised it is boring when you don’t appreciate the place.. but this place I don’t just appreciate but I have left a piece of my heart behind and will surely be going back to collect it from the hands of our amazing host there..
such a wonderful place which is so full of warmth and love. Each nook and corner has been taken care of, the host and the place doesn’t make you feel like a home stay or a vacation home, it has somuch warmth that you feel somuch like home and wanted there.. if I could I would willing and happily spend all my vacation’s there.
The host excellent ✅
The food excellent ✅
The comfort excellent ✅
The value for money excellent ✅
There was not a single thing that I was not happy about other than the fact that I had to come back from this place..
But I am happy that I found a home and family for myself in dimple and Upendra .

Thank you for the amazing 3 days gone fishing cottages.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Dear, dear Sharanya
It was a huge honour and pleasure to host a fellow animal rescuer!
We can’t get over the fact that your animal shelter is a haven for so many creatures and we laud the fabulous work you’re doing.
Gone fishing is your home and we look forward to contributing meaningfully to the selfless work you’re doing.
We owe Rahul Jain big time for introducing us to such intrepid and amazing women travellers.
See you very, very soon
Lots of love

Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

This is not a Run off the mill tourist accommodation.There is a huge amount of affection,warmth and personal touch of the hosts Dimple and Uppi.
The place reflects a brilliant ,creative whimsy which is unique in feel.The sound of the stream and the bird song are the only sounds one can hear.
The cottages are cosy and very well maintained.
The staff is very helpful and courteous.

Room tip: Carry your medicines because there are no medical stores nearby.Carry comfortable clothes.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Dear Rekha
It was such an unexpected bonus to have you and Umesh ji with us ( we have Kopal to thank for that) .
It truly felt that we had old friends visiting us and our parents absolutely loved meeting you and ask about you fondly .
We would love to have you back for a longer stay, and to have Kopal visit us as well.
Thank you for being such wonderful guests , nah, friends!
You’re inspirational in each and every way.
Sending lots of love and hugs

Reviewed 13 August 2021

I normally don't review a place or a restaurant but i just could not help but review this fabulous lil place which is called Gone Fishing Cottages. While i was planning my trip and googling options to stay i stumbled upon this quaint lil place n fell in love with it instantly. After arriving here we were given a warm welcome by Dimple and Upi which made us feel very comfortable n welcomed. The cottages are so well planned that you can make out from the way the interiors of the cottages are done up. The food here is homely and delicious. The property is very scenic where you can spend days without needing to venture out. Being an animal lover myself, it was fun playing with the rescued dogs. These dogs are really friendly and sit quitely without bothering anyone. If you love birds then you can find a variety of species. Like people say for Kashmir it also holds true for this place "Gar firdaus bar-rue zamin ast, hami asto, hamin asto, hamin ast" and if you don't believe me please visit this place nestled in the Tirthan valley to experience the beauty.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoveMeenal
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Dear, dear Meenal

You have paid us such a huge compliment that we are totally humbled and can’t thank you enough. And we love you for it!

It was an absolute pleasure to have hosted you and Rohan!
Would be remiss on my part to not mention that we were blown away by the sheer brilliance of Rohan’s photography ( please make him start his own page) and your easy going and warm nature.
The week that you stayed with us just flew by and we really, really hope that you plan to visit for a longer time soon.
Thank you for taking out time to review us- and what a review!

Lots of love ,

Reviewed 4 August 2021

An ideal place to connect with the serene nature. The stream and the natural beauty of the hills that surrounds this place makes it one of the most perfect vacation homes. The food is delicious and the cottages are warm and cozy. The owner’s incomparable hospitality and generosity made our trip one of the most memorable trips by far. Gone fishing cottages are truly a paradise in disguise.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

Dear, dear Urvashi
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us! And we are very pleased that you loved the cakes we baked for you.
It was wonderful to have you guys over and it was great fun to hang around with you youngsters.
Thank you doe writing such a heart warming review!
Wishing you all the very best in life and waiting to get together for a coffee in chd whenever we are there .
Lots of love and hugs