Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the cottages home away from home beautiful place tirthan valley great food the river every corner visit this place makes you feel your choice personal touch take care hot water trout look forward in house warm hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

What would make the journey worthwhile? I’ve never experienced such pleasure from a trip before….It’s not just a nice cottage with beautiful views,crazy food,cozy rooms,friendly staff,lot’s of good time,this is Home you just can’t leave this place,and people you meet become as a family.It's exceeded all my expectations and I’m happy to know the lock is open for me!
P.S.A morning walk with dogs(Leah,Lallu,Dobby,Millie and the cutest boy Jakku) was the best solution

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear Kris
It was such an unexpected bonus and pleasure to meet you and Shataf at lake Seryolsar and hit it off so well that you decided to come and stay with us!
It was meant to be.
We’ve never meet a non Indian who relishes such spicy food and especially, dunking ‘siddus’ in ghee and eating them like you did!
Honestly, it was a pleasure to make you try new Indian dishes.
We know we have found friends for life and as you say and we say- GFC is your home now.
We will be rooting for all movies of Shataf’s to be super duper hits !
And waiting for you both to come and spend more time here.
Love and tight hugs

Reviewed 25 July 2021

Imagine the house you have always wanted in the mountains - the one with lots of fluffy dogs, glass walls with the view of a crystal clear stream right ahead, a skylight window for stargazing, lots and lots of books and beautiful artifacts collected from all around the world, that's what Dimple and Upendra have created for themselves in this gorgeous location and wonderful as they are, they share their hard work with you and give you your dream house experience on demand. The guest cottages are so carefully and precisely crafted that it feels almost wrong to call them a hotel or a stay or anything of that sort. Home is the right word to define these cottages and trust me when I say that in my 6 nights stay at this place, I had almost forgotten about my real life and was completely lost and happy with my dream life. The moment I stepped into the gates of Gone Fishing Cottages, I was greeted by 5 dogs - Leah, Mili, Lalu, Jacku, and Doby and being the crazy dog lover that I am, I didn't think I needed anything else but there was a lot more waiting for us! As I explored the property, my first stop was the cafe, and oh my God, what a beauty it is! All the artifacts used for the decor are so unique and beautiful that it took me a good time to just appreciate the cafe itself (while I was also slightly distracted by the dogs playing around). The staff was always available to answer any queries that we may have and everyone was so soft-spoken and nice. Now it was the time for us tired people to finally gorge on some food and with the first bite, all of us knew in our mind that this is where we wanted to have all our meals while we were in Tirthan as it was super duper yummy! The cuisine range offered by Gone Fishing is extraordinary and I just couldn't pick out a favorite! This was the first time that non-vegetarian lovers like us were happily eating saag straight out of the bowl with a spoon! (and we have pictures to prove that. :P) The property is huge and no matter at which corner of the property you are, the one constant thing is the sound of the stream and it's very soothing. Doby was nice enough to guide us to the river on our first day and seeing such hospitality from a dog spoke volumes about the owners. And an important fact, all the dogs in Gone Fishing are rescue dogs with heart-touching stories, which you can also find on their Instagram page but the love they have to offer is boundless. Listening to Dimple talk about them like their own kids only made me respect her even more and showed me how the world is filled with such beautiful souls. I have been traveling since 2015 but this was the first time in 6 years, when cottage owners took time out to know the people staying in the cottage and interact with them. Dimple and Upendra knew the names of all the guests staying in the cottage and they were there to help you even with the minutest things like ointment for insect bites (which technically is not even their concern). They would sit with us night after night while all of us sang beautiful songs and enjoyed the moonlit nights and the amazing food. They would also give us food recommendations for the next meal so that we didn't miss out on any cuisine. While exploring the property, I came around a lot of stones with 'Flip me' written on them, and on the other side, there would be a wonderful message filled with positivity and happiness. I loved that a lot! It's literally the small details in Gone Fishing Cottages that differentiate it from any other place and the amazing cottage owners are the cherry on the top. I could still go on rambling about how happy my trip to Gone Fishing Cottages was but let's leave some things for you to discover on your own. :)
To conclude, I am thankful I visited this beautiful place filled with beautiful people and beautiful dogs (and delicious food), who turned into friends and family for a lifetime and I can't wait to visit them again! <3
P.S. Dimple makes delicious jam, please make sure you get a bottle for yourself, and please make sure you tell her what an amazing chef she is!

- Vanshika :)

Date of stay: July 2021
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Dear , dear Vanshika
It was an absolute pleasure to have hosted you all.
There are times when you feel you’ve known someone for a long time and then there are times when you feel you’ve known someone forever. That’s how we felt with you.

You’re an amazingly warm and generous person, with your affection and your time ( sharing your play list and then, going ahead and creating a special play list for us- you’ve won our hearts , like totally)

We had such a relaxed and fun time, especially the singing sessions, with you all . And we are really , really glad you extended your stay by 3 nights. Wish we could’ve accommodated you for more days!
Thank you for writing such a detailed and descriptive review- you made us feel that we’re doing something right!
And it was wonderful to see and re visit our home through your eyes and heart. We are at a loss of words to express how very touched we are.
And we know we will see you for sure in the near future. ❤️
Warm regards and lots of love

Reviewed 17 July 2021

This little paradise nestled in Tirthan Valley is undoubtedly the most beautiful place I’ve visited. From the lovely rooms with the most amazing views to the delicious food, everything is spot on! I love the fact that you are surrounded by nature every step of the way and who can forget the cute dogs, they were the best. Last but not the least, kudos to the hosts, THE BEST HOSTS EVER! Made me feel like I was family. If you want relax and unwind this is the place to visit. I know I’m definitely coming back soon and you can believe that!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

Dear Angad
It was wonderful to have you with us! You’ve been such a sport and It was fabulous the way you are so unassuming and so very chilled out.
Loved the way you sang and used our salt and pepper shakers to add the ‘dinchek ’ music to the songs !

We really hope to have you back here soon , and you’re right- you’re family for us!

Love & hugs

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

When you leave a place and you want to get back ASAP!! We had a wonderful relaxed trip in the most beautiful surroundings, the area is amazing with the river/stream literally running by outside your window, the hosts instantly became friends and the cottages are idyllic, home away from home in terms of comfort, food and hospitality

Trip type: Travelled solo
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2021

Dear, dear Zia

You’re an inspiration ,in every possible way and we are honoured that you chose to spend your first holiday post COVID with us at GFC.

We just loved being with you all and happy that we have found friends that we look forward to meeting soon .
And we hope to meet you in Bombay also( where we definitely want to be invited for one of Atul’s punjabi people party )

A big shout out to Atul, Kamya ,Rayan and of course, you , for being such amazing and wonderful guests, correction- friends.

Lots of love & hugs

Reviewed 8 July 2021

My first visit to Gone Fishing was in April 2021 with my friends, and my second visit to this place was in June 2021 with my family. The only place which I visited twice in less than three months. Normally you wouldn't want to stay at the same hotel/resort for a holiday even if you visit the same city again. But GFC was the only place till now which got me back to Tirthan and more importantly to GFC again. The place is beautifully situated near a river, the cottages are aesthetically pretty, calm, vibrant, vintage, modern and I can go on and on and on. God is the details, and thats what you ll find at GFC, reuse, beauty in every little detail. There is so much effort, love, warmth in the whole place that you can feel the vibe as soon as get in there. And all this has been only possible coz of Dimple and Uppi. The most amazing people who takes utmost care of the guests. You check in as guests and you check out as family/friends. How can I not talk about the sumptuous food they serve, don't ever miss Dimple's post dinner desserts, its something to die for. The nature, the dogs, the flowers, take a cup of coffee, sit at various spots throughout the day at GFC, and you feel alive, full of love. A must must must visit place, I am glad to be able to be at GFC twice (and I am sure the number will increase with time) and know Dimple and Uppi as two wonderful people giving you an experience of your lifetime. Our stay at GFC goes as one of the best and memorable trips till now. I wish them luck and loads of luv to GFC and specially to Dimple. ;-) You guys ROCK.

Room tip: Just pick up any room, all are equally beautiful
Date of stay: June 2021
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2021

Dear, crazy Sidharth
Flattery will get you anywhere and it will definitely get you special desserts!

How much we love the way you have just a part of GFC!
We had enjoyed hosting you when you came with friends but we absolutely loved having you back with you gorgeous wife ,Monica and the most amazing young hoomans.

We are blessed to have wonderful guests like you who take out time to write such a lovely and detailed review.

Wish there was a platform to review guests as well, you’d have gotten a double 5 star from us for sure and an extra because you’re such a funny and sweet person.
We know we will see you back soon.
Big hug and much love