Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the cottages home away from home beautiful place tirthan valley great food the river every corner visit this place makes you feel your choice personal touch take care hot water trout look forward in house warm hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021

The property is very far away and the canteen person is very misbehaved.
The cottage is own by other person and local persons are taking care of everything.
Food was very expensive they are charging very huge amount.
Cottages are fine but they will not give you anything what they provide.
Never go and waste your time. You will regret after your stay.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear Prashant

Thank you for writing this review.

We are sorry you had a rough experience at the cottages and truly wish we could have made it a memorable one for you.
We would’ve been more than happy to make it up for you in any which way,however, we are a bit taken aback at the complaints.

1. Cottages are very far? - We are sorry that you had to travel all the way from Karnal, and we couldn’t get the cottages to you there. (Clearly a lack of judgment and planning on our part.)
2. “Canteen guy misbehaved”? - You were specifically requested not to smoke inside the cottages after the staff caught you doing so inspite of the signs put up . You not only smoked but burnt our carpet in 5 different spots ! If the staff tried to point out that you had caused damage and could’ve burnt the cottages down ,we call it doing his job and not misbehaving.
In fact over the phone I politely requested you to either pay for the damaged carpet and to take it along or to get it fixed -both options which you flatly refused.

3. We have no problem with our guests drinking but if they otherwise, or under the influence ,abuse our staff then we object to it strongly. What is unforgivable is that you abused our female housekeeping staff as well. Absolutely unacceptable.
4. It is extremely unfortunate that neither of us was at the property( we do have a life and leave the property once in a while ) . We would’ve probably requested you to leave at that point.

6. Yes, our staff is local and we are very proud of the fact- we believe strongly in community building and supporting the local population.
In retrospect, we should’ve insisted that you pay for the damages instead of letting you leave with a gentle warning to not repeat such behaviour at any other property.
And we really wish we could put up pics of the burnt carpet and the damage/ mess you created at the cottages.

However, we are glad to have encountered guests such as you, makes us extremely grateful to have been blessed and fortunate to have wonderful, amazing guests who have treated GFC with as much love as we have put into making it a home for guests and travellers.

Warm regards

Reviewed 20 January 2021

Our first trip since Covid Hit and I was very paranoid to venture out but since I had heard about GFC from Dimple who owns the place with her Partner I was always curious.
My Husband and I took the plunge and took off to this unknown heaven and the minute we got there something set in ....You need to be there to experience it.
We were welcomed with open gates to park right inside. The dogs welcomed us like they were our own.The fresh crisp air with the river gushing to say hello and the giagantic mountain peaks with open arms.
The fish is fresh with Trout farms dotted in the valley.
Each corner of this place is handcrafted and everything has been thought of. With dining areas ranging from a warm restaurant to the outdoor breakfast area lit up so cozily if you want to sit outside by the bonfire.
We had fresh flowers in every room and luxury bath essentials something the hosts handcraft themselves and I have been sourcing it for years.
You will need heating in winters as it gets very chilly at night so carry a little blower or something for when you step out of the shower.
They will make you things off the menu and take care of your every need.
We had an amazing stay and will go back for sure as we also missed spending any time and being educated by the hosts who were away at the time of our visit but we still got looked after like family.

Room tip: 3 bedroom cottage was another dimention
Date of stay: January 2021
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Dear Mahima
It was wonderful that you and Rajat came and spent a few days with us and we were very happy that you extended your stay by another day.
You were amazing sports about everything and the staff was blown away by your warmth and energy.
Thank you for your very kind words and candid review. We appreciate it !
And hope to have you back soon and this time we would love to be there when you visit us.
Cheers

Reviewed 7 January 2021

The title explains it all. I have been to a lot of places in Tirthan, but this one is special. Their hospitality, food, and especially the precautions taken for Covid-19 were at par to any 5-star resort that you might find in Himachal. I would recommend anyone and everyone to visit this place to witness what it offers. One of the best-crafted boutique cottages sitting at the heart of Tirthan Valley.

Coming to the hosts - Dimple and Uppi - hands down the most joyful, warm and caring folks I have seen in a while. Everything trickles down and hence the staff also treated us not like guests but like family. Once you go there, you never want to leave.

Thank you for helping us start the new year in the best possible way.

Sending Love from Delhi! We will meet again GFC.

Room tip: Every room offers a view to die for.
Date of stay: January 2021
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Dear Shantanu

We had the best bunch of people to usher the new year in with - and you’re right there at the top!
We loved having you guys with us and it felt that you’ve been part of the tribe forever.
Thank you for having taken out time to review us -and we’re glad that you approve of the Precautions we’re taking to ensure a safe environment fir the guests.
You’ve been officially adopted to the gfc tribe!
Love and hugs

Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

Where all the love & cheer, sunshine & magic, wonder & warmth of the valley resides...that’s my heavenly abode - GFC! I had come in October with my mom but was called in by the valley again in December! By the way, It turned out to be my 5th time in GFC and every time the place is adorned with some ‘out of the world magical’ elements...I had already fallen in love with the woody cottages on my first visit and then the colorful decks, wall art, the most beautiful and loveliest cafe (which came in lockdown) in front of which I couldn’t stop yoga posing...there is some new addition every time!

My eyes and my soul just can’t get enough of this place. I can sit for days and days here to soak in the beauty created by the hosts (Dimple & Uppi) and the blessings of divine shining as Sun, covering as mountains & flowing as Stream by the side. I ate to my soul’s delight the most sumptuous of puddings, cakes & the local delicacy ‘Sidu’ (Trust me, I haven’t ever eaten something so delectable in my life). The flowers that were in full blossom in October held on to their charm little longer till December as if to welcome me back with their colourful smile.

But what was so more profound is joy and love that seeped within me. The laughter, cheer & celebration here...the friends to family vibe here..the love for life, humans, animals...my heart is full and my spirit is more than ever alive! Thanking Dimple & Uppi for curating this heaven on earth and showering it with immense care & affection! I slept deeper and woke up lighter here! This is my second home ..a sliver of my soul and portion of my heart resides forever here!

Love
See you soonest!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear, dear Shohbna

What can we say to this heart felt review!? You have humbled us with the love you have shown to the cottages .
They will always be home for you and we will always wait got you to come back to your home in the mountains.
Your presence adds joy and warmth to the cottages and we always look forward to having you with us.
Thank you for being you .
Love and hugs

Reviewed 5 January 2021

There are places that you visit once and you are done. And then there are places that attract you always <3 That’s how Gone Fishing Cottages is! Nestled by a stream in the Tirthan Valley, this dreamy hideaway offers much more than hospitality- Good vibes, Love, Warmth, Friendship & Laughter.

Warm and friendly welcome by the owners, Dimple and Uppi will make you feel like Family and not just guests. They are the sweetest hosts you will ever meet!

Each corner of this pet friendly ‘Home’ has a lot to say.

Each of their rooms are aesthetically designed by the hosts with a whole lot of love, having its own character and identity. Warm cozy beds, with electric blankets to keep you snug is all you need.

Cheerful smiles of the people who make it happen every day- their warm and friendly staff. Come and relish the delectable meals prepared by the staff who are all locals.

Not to forget the 4 legged gang of GFC, their doggos- Laalu, Mili, Leah, Jacku and Dobby who are rescued & adopted mutts.

Immensely, deeply, truly in Love with my mountain Home.

Gone Fishing Cottages is an ideal getaway for family and friends! Here strangers become friends and friends become family. A retreat to experience chill and warmth of crisp mornings and winter evenings filled with laughter, music and Love!! Come and experience peace and tranquility. Come and feel the magic of GFC

Date of stay: December 2020

Dear Namrata
Your words fill us with joy and pride! And we know that we are doing something right .
What better way to start our new year than to spend it in the company of lovely people like you!
It was good to have you back home.
Lots of love and hugs,