Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the cottages home away from home beautiful place tirthan valley great food the river every corner visit this place makes you feel your choice personal touch take care hot water trout look forward in house warm hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2021

The title explains it all. I have been to a lot of places in Tirthan, but this one is special. Their hospitality, food, and especially the precautions taken for Covid-19 were at par to any 5-star resort that you might find in Himachal. I would recommend anyone and everyone to visit this place to witness what it offers. One of the best-crafted boutique cottages sitting at the heart of Tirthan Valley.

Coming to the hosts - Dimple and Uppi - hands down the most joyful, warm and caring folks I have seen in a while. Everything trickles down and hence the staff also treated us not like guests but like family. Once you go there, you never want to leave.

Thank you for helping us start the new year in the best possible way.

Sending Love from Delhi! We will meet again GFC.

Room tip: Every room offers a view to die for.
Date of stay: January 2021
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Dear Shantanu

We had the best bunch of people to usher the new year in with - and you’re right there at the top!
We loved having you guys with us and it felt that you’ve been part of the tribe forever.
Thank you for having taken out time to review us -and we’re glad that you approve of the Precautions we’re taking to ensure a safe environment fir the guests.
You’ve been officially adopted to the gfc tribe!
Love and hugs

Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

Where all the love & cheer, sunshine & magic, wonder & warmth of the valley resides...that’s my heavenly abode - GFC! I had come in October with my mom but was called in by the valley again in December! By the way, It turned out to be my 5th time in GFC and every time the place is adorned with some ‘out of the world magical’ elements...I had already fallen in love with the woody cottages on my first visit and then the colorful decks, wall art, the most beautiful and loveliest cafe (which came in lockdown) in front of which I couldn’t stop yoga posing...there is some new addition every time!

My eyes and my soul just can’t get enough of this place. I can sit for days and days here to soak in the beauty created by the hosts (Dimple & Uppi) and the blessings of divine shining as Sun, covering as mountains & flowing as Stream by the side. I ate to my soul’s delight the most sumptuous of puddings, cakes & the local delicacy ‘Sidu’ (Trust me, I haven’t ever eaten something so delectable in my life). The flowers that were in full blossom in October held on to their charm little longer till December as if to welcome me back with their colourful smile.

But what was so more profound is joy and love that seeped within me. The laughter, cheer & celebration here...the friends to family vibe here..the love for life, humans, animals...my heart is full and my spirit is more than ever alive! Thanking Dimple & Uppi for curating this heaven on earth and showering it with immense care & affection! I slept deeper and woke up lighter here! This is my second home ..a sliver of my soul and portion of my heart resides forever here!

Love
See you soonest!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear, dear Shohbna

What can we say to this heart felt review!? You have humbled us with the love you have shown to the cottages .
They will always be home for you and we will always wait got you to come back to your home in the mountains.
Your presence adds joy and warmth to the cottages and we always look forward to having you with us.
Thank you for being you .
Love and hugs

Reviewed 5 January 2021

There are places that you visit once and you are done. And then there are places that attract you always <3 That’s how Gone Fishing Cottages is! Nestled by a stream in the Tirthan Valley, this dreamy hideaway offers much more than hospitality- Good vibes, Love, Warmth, Friendship & Laughter.

Warm and friendly welcome by the owners, Dimple and Uppi will make you feel like Family and not just guests. They are the sweetest hosts you will ever meet!

Each corner of this pet friendly ‘Home’ has a lot to say.

Each of their rooms are aesthetically designed by the hosts with a whole lot of love, having its own character and identity. Warm cozy beds, with electric blankets to keep you snug is all you need.

Cheerful smiles of the people who make it happen every day- their warm and friendly staff. Come and relish the delectable meals prepared by the staff who are all locals.

Not to forget the 4 legged gang of GFC, their doggos- Laalu, Mili, Leah, Jacku and Dobby who are rescued & adopted mutts.

Immensely, deeply, truly in Love with my mountain Home.

Gone Fishing Cottages is an ideal getaway for family and friends! Here strangers become friends and friends become family. A retreat to experience chill and warmth of crisp mornings and winter evenings filled with laughter, music and Love!! Come and experience peace and tranquility. Come and feel the magic of GFC

Date of stay: December 2020

Dear Namrata
Your words fill us with joy and pride! And we know that we are doing something right .
What better way to start our new year than to spend it in the company of lovely people like you!
It was good to have you back home.
Lots of love and hugs,

Reviewed 30 November 2020

It was a purely aesthetic and serene experience staying at Gone Fishing Cottages. The homestay is beautifully decorated and maintenaned by the host. The cottages are really clean and cozy and the staff was highly trained and hospitable. The food was delectable.
Loved the way the property has been beautifully decorated with flowers, windchimes and dream catchers at all places.
The host was very welcoming and hospitable. She made mouth watering puddings for the whole group. It was a homely experience at the mountains. She has been the best host i have come across my entire life.
Would highly recommend the place.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Upendra Singh, Owner at Gone Fishing Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2020

Dear Shvetanshu
We are blown away by your kind words and praise.
It was a lovely experience to have you young men stay with us and especially wonderful to hear the ukulele bring strummed so gently and beautifully at night.
We appreciate the fact that you were so courteous and appreciative of everything.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and as you promised, hope to have you back here soon.
Hugs and love
Dimple

Reviewed 25 November 2020

Tirthan never gets boring. This time happen to stay at Gone Fishing for my 7th trip to Tirthan. Special thanks to Dimple for amazing stay. She's a super host.
Good food, good staff, good location. Location is approx 3 mins from main road so one does not encounter traffic noise.

Date of stay: October 2020

Dear Yashvardhan

It was wonderful to have you young people stay with us! Thank you for celebrating your special occasion at Gone fishing.
We hope to see you back soon and for a longer stay.
Warm regards and love