Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lee Irvine
Sandton, South Africa

Outstanding country boutique hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Aug 2018
Our family last week spent time at this outstanding country resort, 2 1/4 hours north west of Sandton en route to Rustenburg. The owner Stefan is hands on and nothing is too much trouble for him. the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean and the food good.
Many and varied animals and birds almost all of which have been rescued and are completely tame, include a lion, tiger, blesbok, ostrich, parrots, macaws, tortoise and recently a carakul, so young children have much to keep them occupied. A wedding was being planned and I am sure was a great success.
Date of stay: August 2018
Room Tip: All are good
Trip type: Travelled with family
        Pool
        27.6 km from WoodRidge Palms Boutique Hotel
        43.5 km from WoodRidge Palms Boutique Hotel
        View more hotels in Swartruggens
        All reviews made us feel dogs grounds palms attention
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite for a couple of nights, the room is very big and spacious with great access to the seating area and pool outside. However we found a lot of flies in the bathroom which made it feel slightly unclean. The rooms were checked and cleaned each day but due to the location there are a lot of bugs that make their way into the room.
        The breakfast was great and freshly prepared each morning and having this included in the price was really good value for money, however the dinner was not as good and there was only one person working in the eating area which meant service was fairly slow.
        Overall we had an enjoyable stay and I would recommend this hotel to others looking to stay in the area. The owner has a lot of animals to show to guests and clearly has a great passion for his animals on site.

Date of stay: January 2018
        Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        Reviewed 13 October 2017

I waited a while before writing this review, hoping that my shoes that disappeared from outside my room on the patio would come to light in the meantime, they have not, so I have had to take off a star. What is especially galling is that these were expensive shoes, takkies and sandals, for my problem feet, and mostly irreplaceable. The venue itself is stunning, and the animals delightful. Excellent service from the staff, although one of them must have been the thief, we were virtually the only guests. Meals could do with an improvement though - and not to have an expresso machine is a sin! This place has so much potential, and would be the accomodation of choice, if the wifi reception and food and coffee is sorted.

Date of stay: June 2017
        • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        1  Thank kissoffire
        Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is place is just magical , we went there with a group of friends and the best time ever. From the gate it was just pleasent service , told were to park and the manager Stephan came to receive us . The room are just amazing , had the best sleep in months . But what stands out is their service , my girlfriend had a breakdown a few kilometers away from the hotel and i went to tow the car . On arrival Stephan tried to get us a mechanic to come out the next day but we discovered the cloth was burnt therefore we called our insurance but had so many issues with them. Stephan called them and resolved it all getting them to send a tow truck out there to tow the car to joburg. He is such a bubbly person we enjoyed our game drive and the best part the staff were up all night serving us till the wee hours of the morning. I take my hat off to the Woodridge palms team you rock and i will be back with my friends soon.

Date of stay: July 2017
        • Trip type: Travelled with friends
        2  Thank LungileL4
        Reviewed 17 July 2017

On arrival, the peacock, scratched my vehicle (dogs fault), No one at reception to book us in. Booked myself in. Had to ask for a fridge, water, information. No information regarding venue and/or surroundings were supplied. You had to google with a wifi that's very bad. Breakfast at best = standard. No coffee or juice machine..this for a 4 star establishment??!! Dinner overpriced and not good quality. No on site spa..had to phone someone from Koster....decided against it. Was afraid the massage will be the same quality as the food at Woodridge Palms. I do travel a lot. BUT rather go to Sparkling Waters Hotel and Spa.. at least there you get the best food money can buy and no better place to have a massage. Might only be a 3 star, but you do get 5 star treatment...and lots of things to do...if you want to...Bit more expensive..but I promise you it is worth it. Never again. Thanks to Ernest that tried to do everything.

Room tip: If you HAVE to stay here.,,room 1-4 is very noisy.
        Date of stay: July 2017
        • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        Reviewed 5 June 2017

Me & My Family had long journey in SA, we started from cape town in 5 stars hotel then in Johannesburg in very fine hotel too but

i found here in booking.com which 90 percent of people recommended here

when we arrived we were very disappointed because few last km of road wasn't asphalted, then internet didn't work in some rooms also mobile signal gone too, then we didn't know what to do there because in first place we get this room to visiting sancity and Pilanesberg national park but there werent any facility nearby.

Stephen The manger was very nice from first place.
        he start to offer us what he can do for us, then because we didn't have car he accepted to take us to tour for one day with just 1700 rand
        we visited Pilanesberg Park and suncity and had best hours together, we had so much fun together, he was so hyper whole time.

there is many animals in farm of woodridge hotel, 3 beautiful dogs, 6 cats, many deers, one tiger one lion ( of Cours they are in cage ) and ....

atmosphere here is very catchy, after a while me and my family were so into the place because everyone were so nice and positive, the place is like safari for us too and kind of botanical garden.

also my parents who didn't like dogs, were so in love dogs of Stephen.

visit here to have new experience but dont be judgmental just be patient to understand what you get from nature of here.

Date of stay: June 2017