Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$529
PricelineUS$529
eDreamsUS$529
CheapTicketsUS$486
Orbitz.comUS$486
TravelocityUS$486
All reviews private beach horseback riding plunge pool boogie boarding rainy season tour of the property costa rica eco resort ocean view tree house estuary farm monkeys luxury hammocks bismarck waves
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in November. We felt like we were so lucky because all of the surroundings were so lush and green and the weather was not too hot, even breezy most days. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with fresh coconuts and a tour of the property. It was their low season and our room was upgraded to a bungalow with a plunge pool (#13). Although we truly did enjoy our room during our stay, we would have rather been in a bungalow directly above the ocean with no pool. This unfortunately was not an option for us. Nonetheless, our days were filled with mornings on the kayak through the estuary, reading books lazily under the ranchos on the private beach, and boogie boarding into the sunset. We truly savored every minute that we had at Morgan’s Rock. It is such a special place and you feel it the moment you step foot on the property. We hope to see tourism pick up again in Nicaragua. We felt completely safe during our eight days in the country, especially during our stay at Morgan’s Rock. Thank you for such a wonderful experience! We hope to be back in the future.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank skftravels
Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

We just spent a fabulous week at the hacienda staying in one of the two room villas. My husband and I in one room and our three adult kids in the other and it was superb. I have never been anywhere where the staff impressed me so much. They were discreet and respectful but always available and always smiling. The peace and beauty of the resort was a perfect break for us all after a busy year but have to say the kids were very impressed with the WiFi even extending to the beach!

It was quiet and we read and swam a lot but when we wanted activities to break up the day the staff were quick with options and arrangements.

Particularly impressed with their smooth organization of our transfers across the border from and to Costa Rica. A great first experience of Nicaragua.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

As Morgan’s theme – “disconnect to reconnect” at this hacienda with 4000acres of forest….and we loved, because it was true.

We arrived late in the evening and were lucky greeted by a sloth just besides the bridge, it was awesome, it www the 1st time we saw a sloth.
After they presented our huge and stunning Villa (2 bedrooms and a pool), we went to the restaurant for na excellent dinner, before they closed.
Our ocean view room was unbelievable!
Morgan’s Rock, Nicaragua’s 1st luxury ecolodge really offers guests a stylish rainforest escape and one of a kind experience.
Every day we experienced a different activity: we hike and drive to see the wildlife (the monkeys, birds and sloths); we surfed (with the boogie boards) on the pacific waves; we enjoyed a great beach horse riding on the sunset and we’ve done our own breakfast on the farm (it was awesome).
We had a great Guide that explain everything about this natural property. The time at the farm was super fun, when all my family were afraid of the chickens!
The design of the Villas was unique, pictures only give a small idea of the true beauty. But prepare to do exercise all day, as the villas are located on the hill top.
And I have to mention the delicious meals we had at Morgan’s, with farm products and fish catch f the day. It really tasted so authenticity (the lobster, the shrimp form the farm, the ceviche’s, and also the organic beef that we enjoyed on the open air restaurant by the pool – La Bastide.
We stayed for 3 nights and loved every second.
Top notch. Please go there as soon as you can.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank PateLisbon
Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

My partner, his two nieces, and I came here for five perfect nights. The staff is amazing. A call out to Denny, Danny, Gabriella, Andrea, Carlos, Hector, Bismark, Jonathan, Brandon, Harvey and anyone else I’ve forgotten to mention. The food: some traditional. Some global. All great. The setting: picturesque beyond comparison. The beach: secluded and pristine. The villas: Rustic and comfortable with special air conditioning that cools the sleeping area without ruining the environment. The hospitality: beyond comparison. The surrounding areas: Nicaragua is a little off the beaten path. We got there from
San Francisco via Panama. Connection was easy. Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine were not nearly as bureaucratic as one would imagine. We witnessed NO trouble. The cities of Granada and San Juan Del Sur are lovely. The Masaya volcano is amazingly active! Lake Nicaragua is beautiful. This was a once in a lifetime experience made possible by this resort as our home base. The tours and side trips are well worth the time and money.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Dave-McCauleySF
Reviewed 10 August 2019

I stayed with my partner at Morgan's Rock in July we stayed for the three nights and had the most amazing time. We had a plunge pool with an ocean view room which were were upgraded to.

General
- it rained a little when we arrived and maybe one other afternoon. but overall it was clear
- the staff were all very nice, attentive and accommodating
- tips it seems are given after paying for food, drinks and if you have a tour then after the tour is given. I would have liked if tips were done at the end of the stay as it seems more equitable and we didn't realize until later that we had to tip after every service/ meal was provided. That's my only negative comment. After that everything was great.
- the place is a bit far, but they do inform you of that so you shouldn't expect to have the option to maybe go out at night

Room
- our room was very clean
- there was a coffee grinder, maker, tea kettle and fridge
- the view of the ocean was the best to wake up to every morning and the sunset from the room was great
- Morgans Rock water bottles that you can take home
- air conditioned bed which was great and all that we needed to have a comfortable sleep
- we got to see monkeys which was cool/nice
- the walk up to the room was a lot but we had a plunge pool to look forward to everytime we walked up.

- we started off with a meal plan and changed it to a la carte as the meals are pretty large and didn't want bread, appetizer, entree and dessert for lunch and dinner.
- breakfast was great. My boyfriend got the nica every morning which was rice, eggs, plantains, beans ( I think), avocado and tomato. I was never disappointed with the food and really enjoyed the fresh fruite juice every morninig
- we also enjoyed lunch and dinner options with the fish options being very tasty and my preferred meals - but overall it was good and what was expected based on previous comments.
- on the first and last night the chef made an extra snack/ appetizer that was provided to the guests as an extra which was really nice.
- overall it seemed the chef and waiters/ waitresses take great pride in their work and service and ensured we had everything we needed without being overbearing.

Beach/ Activities
- the beach was great, the water was warm
- we did a hiking tour of the sunset. Didn't actually get to watch the sunset but the tour was still great and the view of the hotel and of the sea was great. The tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable
- we did a kayak tour which was good also. We enjoyed the kayaks through the mangroves so much we did it again the next day
- the beach is a private beach and although it seemed there was only 3-4 other rooms staying while we were there I would imagine the beach never really gets crowded.
- we stayed in the cabanas on the beach

Our overall experience was extremely positive, both of being in Nicaragua and of staying in Morgan's Rock. I really do look forward to staying there again and hope to return within 2 years to further explore Nicaragua and stay one or two more nights at Morgan's Rock. I really do hope they can welcome more visitors because it is a paradise and worth every penny.

Date of stay: July 2019