Lowest prices for your stay
US$529
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreamsUS$529
All reviews private beach horseback riding plunge pool boogie boarding rainy season tour of the property costa rica eco resort ocean view tree house estuary farm monkeys luxury hammocks bismarck waves
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

My partner, his two nieces, and I came here for five perfect nights. The staff is amazing. A call out to Denny, Danny, Gabriella, Andrea, Carlos, Hector, Bismark, Jonathan, Brandon, Harvey and anyone else I’ve forgotten to mention. The food: some traditional. Some global. All great. The setting: picturesque beyond comparison. The beach: secluded and pristine. The villas: Rustic and comfortable with special air conditioning that cools the sleeping area without ruining the environment. The hospitality: beyond comparison. The surrounding areas: Nicaragua is a little off the beaten path. We got there from
San Francisco via Panama. Connection was easy. Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine were not nearly as bureaucratic as one would imagine. We witnessed NO trouble. The cities of Granada and San Juan Del Sur are lovely. The Masaya volcano is amazingly active! Lake Nicaragua is beautiful. This was a once in a lifetime experience made possible by this resort as our home base. The tours and side trips are well worth the time and money.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Dave-McCauleySF
Reviewed 10 August 2019

I stayed with my partner at Morgan's Rock in July we stayed for the three nights and had the most amazing time. We had a plunge pool with an ocean view room which were were upgraded to.

General
- it rained a little when we arrived and maybe one other afternoon. but overall it was clear
- the staff were all very nice, attentive and accommodating
- tips it seems are given after paying for food, drinks and if you have a tour then after the tour is given. I would have liked if tips were done at the end of the stay as it seems more equitable and we didn't realize until later that we had to tip after every service/ meal was provided. That's my only negative comment. After that everything was great.
- the place is a bit far, but they do inform you of that so you shouldn't expect to have the option to maybe go out at night

Room
- our room was very clean
- there was a coffee grinder, maker, tea kettle and fridge
- the view of the ocean was the best to wake up to every morning and the sunset from the room was great
- Morgans Rock water bottles that you can take home
- air conditioned bed which was great and all that we needed to have a comfortable sleep
- we got to see monkeys which was cool/nice
- the walk up to the room was a lot but we had a plunge pool to look forward to everytime we walked up.

- we started off with a meal plan and changed it to a la carte as the meals are pretty large and didn't want bread, appetizer, entree and dessert for lunch and dinner.
- breakfast was great. My boyfriend got the nica every morning which was rice, eggs, plantains, beans ( I think), avocado and tomato. I was never disappointed with the food and really enjoyed the fresh fruite juice every morninig
- we also enjoyed lunch and dinner options with the fish options being very tasty and my preferred meals - but overall it was good and what was expected based on previous comments.
- on the first and last night the chef made an extra snack/ appetizer that was provided to the guests as an extra which was really nice.
- overall it seemed the chef and waiters/ waitresses take great pride in their work and service and ensured we had everything we needed without being overbearing.

Beach/ Activities
- the beach was great, the water was warm
- we did a hiking tour of the sunset. Didn't actually get to watch the sunset but the tour was still great and the view of the hotel and of the sea was great. The tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable
- we did a kayak tour which was good also. We enjoyed the kayaks through the mangroves so much we did it again the next day
- the beach is a private beach and although it seemed there was only 3-4 other rooms staying while we were there I would imagine the beach never really gets crowded.
- we stayed in the cabanas on the beach

Our overall experience was extremely positive, both of being in Nicaragua and of staying in Morgan's Rock. I really do look forward to staying there again and hope to return within 2 years to further explore Nicaragua and stay one or two more nights at Morgan's Rock. I really do hope they can welcome more visitors because it is a paradise and worth every penny.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 27 July 2019 via mobile

We have been to every country in Central America several times in the last few years and this is the place that we always want to be at when we go anywhere else. Everything is perfect from the lovely staff the gorgeous villas l, the beach, the food, SUPing, surfing, watching howler monkeys. It’s wonderful. We have already decided to go back next year.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 8 July 2019

From the welcome, the amazing food, the crew, the cabins or villas and the GM
all was superb. It is amazing Virtuoso property in every way. It's perfect for honeymooner, for families to connect with each other & the nature and for sure it is the perfect paradise for corporate people that need to be inspired in a big way.
I am truly in love with this place.

Room tip: Every room has it's own personality and I love them all.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2019

We met up with our daughter who was backpacking in Central America. It was the perfect place to catch up with her, walk the beach, watch the whales from the sunset bench, enjoy the wonderful food and elegant room. We enjoyed the yoga, the farm breakfast, paddling the lagoon, and reading on the beach. It was all so private, we felt we had the place to ourselves even though there were other guests. Incredible wildlife viewing, loved seeing the giant sloth, 3 species of monkeys, anteaters, and interesting birds. We also took the high speed boat out for a day of sightseeing and had an excellent captain. It is our second visit to this magical lodge.

Room tip: All the rooms are elegant and well appointed, but they do require some walking which is part of the charm.
Date of stay: April 2019