US$90
Pitchup.com
  • Free Internet
Abbots Oak Manor(Coalville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsiron and ironing boardlarge bedroomchalet styleroom was cleanadjoining pubgood sizebath and showernight stayexecutive roomfamily weddingbudget hotelgood nights sleepplenty of parkingcontinental breakfastpleasant staystayed for one nightshort stay
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Good location. Near the motorway. Good communication to main places in region. Big parking. Comfortable beds. Very pleasant personnel. A bit small rooms in practice, but compatible with description. For us a problem was one bed cover for both persons. We tried to change in two, but without success.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Good Night Inns
paul g, Guest Relations Manager at Charnwood Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hi Aleksanger N

Thank you for your feedback, I will be sure to pass it on to all the staff on that day.

If you would like to contact me please do so.

Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We were told we could check in at 2pm and you would expect the rooms to be ready by then, we arrived at half 2 to a friendly housekeeper telling us that the room wasn’t ready and we had to wait. Not a great first impression I must say and being in the hospitality trade I recognise that first impressions are key. The room is basic and clean (the least you would expect for a budget price) but very tired and dated, you would think you were checking into a sleazy American motel. No toilet roll, one towel, and very slow WiFi. Needless to say that we won’t be returning.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi A N

Please could I ask that you get in touch so we can have a chat about your stay.

Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Came here tonight for a no fuss, quick tea. Now I know it's not a high end restaurant and I don't expect exotic dishes.

However, kids tomato pasta, consisted of pasta, with a ridiculous amount of Ketchup on it to pass as a pasta sauce. Chicken waffles were cold, hard and minus the bacon stated on menu.

Mousakka not available, and not told till 25 mins after ordering. Ice cream being ordered as a pudding, to come out with drinks before meal?

All together 50 min wait till any food (if you could call it that) appeared. Even though with the "new app order" stating 15 mins till service.

I don't expect much from a hungry horse as I know it's a convenience but this was just abismal start to finish!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Toe-knee M
paul g, Guest Relations Manager at Charnwood Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Toe-knee M

We are sad to read your post.
We take pride I what we do and our menu.

On occasion we do however sell out of a dish.
The kids pasta was served as spec but I will pass your comments on to our food development team at head office.

If you would like to talk with me about tour visit more please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Value for money you cant beat. Chalets need a bit of love but they are quite and clean. Staff were very friendly as well parking was easy. And was easy to find. As a traveller on my own i felt warm and safe

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sdennis

Thank you thank you for letting us know about your stay.

We look forward to you visiting again
Remember and say hello.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

The rooms are chalet style with about 35 rooms around a court yard, some are in need of a makeover on the outside but into there is everything you need like iron and board hair dyer tea making facilities. Although there were only 2 tea bags and we had booked for 2 days. You can park right outside your room which was a bonus if you have a lot of luggage or walking problems. The hotel reception is inside a hungry horse pub there is also a function room attached. We did eat in the hungry horse but both had bad stomachs the next day, so we avoided it the next night. All in all we had a pleasant stay and would return. Very friendly staff reasonable priced.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Susee10

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay
And if you ever need more tea bags just let me know :)
I will pass your feedback on to the team.