“THE MOST INCREDIBLE PLACE ON EARTH”
Morning coffee on the deck
Steps up to the Beach House from your secluded beach View of the Beach House from the blue lagoon
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Steps up to the Beach House from your secluded beach
View of the Beach House from the blue lagoon
Your location - Fofoa Island, Vava'u Islands, Kingdom of Tonga
Natural beauty in the details
Bamboo clad bathroom
fully equipped kitchen
Outside dining
Your boat Lavinuella
view from the deck
Join us swimming with humpback whales
your beach
Kid friendly/family fun
Fruit basket from the organic garden
View from your deck
The view from the master bedroom
village of Hunga
Swimming with humpback whale calf
Onsite Massage
Kitesurfing on the lagoon
Fresh fish for dinner
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Italian first
Any
MOONSTRUC...
“THE MOST INCREDIBLE PLACE ON EARTH”
Reviewed 31 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Wow. Where do i even start. This place really is heaven on earth! After visiting many beautiful places I can safely say this was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We can't wait to go back! Karyn and her whole family were so friendly and accomodating to my sister and I and ensured we had everything we needed at all times. The food that was prepared for us was out of this world and a special thanks to Karyn for going to the trouble of finding me a dairy free milk alternative! This is a bucket list location and if you are thinking of going you must!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Oct 2016
Thanks Sarah. Always happy to accommodate different diets - just need enough pre-warning to ensure we can find alternatives. Hoping to see you both out here again in 2017!
Andrew F
“Absolute bliss”
Reviewed 28 October 2016 for a stay in July 2016

What a glorious holiday. every day better than the last as the magic setting, natural style and island peace worked its magic. The beach house gives an amazing feeling of belonging mixed with a true sense of tropical island hideaway. Karen + Boris and the boys are really cool hosts and really generous with their time and going the extra mile to look after us...and a delight to explore the lagoon and surrounds with for our 10 - 14 year old children. the whale swimming days were superb - i can see why people just keep coming back. Bliss

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Oct 2016
Thanks Andy - our aim is to give each guest a personal, tailored holiday that reflects their interests and needs. I'm glad we were able to do this for you and your family. Hope to see you back out here again.
Flossybar...
“Once in a lifetime trip amazing stay great house”
Reviewed 27 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My family and I stayed in the beach house for two nights in August 2016. We had issues with flights and Karen and Bob worked around these and took us out to swim with the whales as soon as we arrived knowing we had limited time! As soon as we got out the bay there were countless whales, as well as dolphins and we even saw false killer whales!

Karen and bob were respectful of the whales and we all got in multiple times with close up swim bys from the whales and the most magical experience hearing the whales and dolphins communicating underwater as they checked us out! The next day we swam with a mother and her inquisitive calf which came right up to us, and used the hydrophone to hear the whales singing. Karen had great knowledge and stories to share with me and is a lovely, friendly, down to earth and insightful host! We also had an amazing snorkel and dive in swallows cave which was beautiful full of bait fish with gorgeous light shining through the entrance, Karen and Bob went out of their way to take us back to the cave for extra snorkelling and photography!

The beach house is in the most beautiful location - right out of a magazine. All environmentally friendly which was important to our family and highly valued, but not scrimping on high quality housing and pretty decorations, furniture and balconies, and our own beach to watch the amazing sunsets from!

Food was delicious and Karen and her family and the team invited us to their home for food and drinks on the first night which was lovely with great company.

As the beach house only had availability for two nights Karen and bob recommended another resort for our next few nights which was a great recommendation, and sorted out an incredible boat transfer with snorkelling and lunch.

Overall an amazing experience and the beach house comes highly recommended from me and my whole family, we are already dreaming of coming back!

28 Oct 2016
Thanks Flossy for your great review - although it was only 2 days with us we did manage to pack in a lot of action! We hope we do see you and you family out here again.
Dirttdog
Millicent, Australia
“What a lovely place”
Reviewed 7 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My wife and I stayed in the Beach house for a week and were fully catered for.

We had a really lovely time. Everyone there was really lovely to us and we felt very included in this small community.

Whale swimming was just great and went out twice. Got quite close to a number of them including mum and calf. I got some lovely photos, but my small sealife camera isn't good for distance underwater, but another chap had a go pro which worked well.

The Beach House was lovely to stay in with lots of room for 2 people, beautiful views from the house.

We really enjoyed the food it was yummy, and the service was just lovely.

Pack some light warm clothes just in case for the evening you might have cooled down a bit from your swim. Pack thongs or flip flops.

I would recommend the markets on the saturday morning as we thought they were really interesting, The local sellers were polite and friendly, not to say helpful. Lots of things to buy on your way home. I would recommend that if you fly out on a Saturday that if you like genuine local markets its worth going a little early to look around and then grab a coffee at one of the many cafes. Have some breakfast there.

I should have booked the fishing trip with Boris, i think that would have been tops, went diving instead which was lovely.

We flew Air Fiji coming in with no problems and met by Michael, met Boris at a cafe with a view and had quite a reasonable coffee and lovely lunch. Staff were really nice.

Flying home with Air Fiji, we only needed to be at the airport an hour before the flight, but i would get there 90 mins. They for some reason put all the tourists on standby, with that you might not get on board the flight due to the aircraft being over booked. No idea why they did that, but we went back and politely enquired what was happening and were given our boarding passes as was everyone else. The flight was half empty, I think its to do with cargo.

Just tell the person when you book in with that you have an a important function that you cant miss. Like a granddaughter's birthday.

Its all fine, you will get home. Just so you don't stress.

The big question is as always, would i go again?. Of course i would!!, in a heart beat, its just lovely. We have been to a number of pacific islands and tonga is a friendly lovely place.

Thanks to everyone

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Whales, views, people etc
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
8 Sep 2016
Thank you for choosing the Beach House as your holiday - I'm glad you enjoyed Tonga as a South Pacific destination too. Malo
Kirsti W
“Amazing Day Whale Swimming!”
Reviewed 2 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The guys from the beach house took us out for the day on an expedition to swim with humpback whales and it was fantastic. I was very nervous and a bit sea sick but the guys were incredibly understanding and helped me overcome my fears to have one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. They were super attentive and the lunch was fantastic! I understand that they usually only do trips for guests staying with them but we were lucky enough to book for the day and it's a day I'll never forget! Thanks so much.

8 Sep 2016
Malo lahi - so glad you enjoyed your whalewatching trip with us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$420
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing