“Great little place out in the middle of the Jungle”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Hastwokit...
Galle, Sri Lanka
“Great little place out in the middle of the Jungle”
Reviewed 16 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

A local friend, who had been here before, booked the place. YuhiBuhi is about an hour to an hour and half from Batticaloa, off the Chenkallady/Badulla Road. While there is a signpost, it can be tricky to find. Once off the road, you take a jungle track for a kilometer or two, through two electric fences, until you reach the property.

The pictures need to be updated. For example, the swimming pool now has a roof over it.

Essentially there are two small building, divided in two, for a total of four rooms. Each has an attached bathroom. The rooms really strictly bed-rooms; each has to or three enormous beds that could sleep three each (or more if you line up). And that's basically it for the rooms.

Additionally, there is a large covered area with long picnic-style tables and benches, as well as the aforementioned swimming pool (clean and lightly chlorinated) as well as a main building that has a kitchen as well as office and sleeping quarters for staff. Off a small distance is a two-story high viewing platform overlooking a jungle glade. If you wanted to, you could sleep up there. The area surrounding the buildings is well-landscaped and maintained.

We arrived in the late afternoon and after off-loading, proceeded to use the provided BBQ for chicken. We had something of a roaring party that night, but as there were no other guests, we could be loud. Afterwords we took a swim in the pool, one of the staff turned on the pool light for us and politely ignored our obnoxiousness. Frogs love to swim in the pool; I had a great time catching them and tossing them out.

The place is completely off the grid, as so they rely on solar power during the day and a generator after sundown. Fortunately for us, it had been raining and it was relatively cool, because once the generator is turned off, so too are the ceiling fans. This would be a problem during the summer, when it's hot at night. There are no mosquito nets either; we were lucky that the rain kept them down that night. The lack of overnight fan would be my biggest complaint. Mosquitoes too could potentially be a problem.

But overall I really enjoyed my stay. Staff is very friendly and helpful (I was one foreigner in a crowd of about 10 locals) and the Sri Lankan breakfast they cooked that morning was tasty. I can't comment on the prices, as I didn't pay (it was a treat for me) but my friends said that the price was right.

I live in Batticaloa, so I will definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
17 Jan 2019
Thank you for reviewing Yuhibuhi Forest Resort. if you are in Sri Lanka please visit again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.